Views: 3140|Replies: 4

Are Chinese teachers better at teaching Maths? [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2014-3-12 22:57:34 |Display all floors
I just read a news from Daily Mail which says that Maths teachers are to be flown in from China to help arrest declining standards in Britain.

Sixty English-speaking teachers from Shanghai will be placed in schools from September to promote methods such as rigorous daily maths lessons and homework, ministers will announce today.

Chinese maths teachers should be proud of themselves.

I knew that Chinese students top the world in Maths, but does it mean that  Chinese teachers better at teaching Maths than those from any other country?

What's your input on this?

English-speaking teachers from China will be flown in to British schools to promote more rigorous methods of teaching maths. It follows a slide in ability in British pupils

Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-3-13 00:01:01 |Display all floors
Good!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-13 01:11:32 From mobile |Display all floors
math is difficult to me,hehe

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-13 01:12:28 From mobile |Display all floors
math is difficult to me!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-13 04:04:59 |Display all floors
may be chinese children are better at paying attenion, not playin with i phones, on face book or messing around in class or just paln want to learn ( plus mum will go nuts if they get a bad report)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.