Author: Fuchsite

Blacks Discriminate Against Other Blacks Who Socialize with Whites   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-13 08:10:03 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-3-13 07:45
Well you just told me my feelings was racism in reverse.

That is why I asked.

I mean, if those on the lowest rank of the economic pile calls for unity and starts using the traitor word, what can you do?

you can only do some thing if they start doing criminal activities.

the whole thing is called group psychology. what can you do?

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-13 08:27:21 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-3-13 08:10
I mean, if those on the lowest rank of the economic pile calls for unity and starts using the trai ...

Its not a call for 'unity'.  Its pure racism and the end result is something the will keep them in poverty.

If education is a 'white' thing - how the hell are they going to advance?

They are choosing to stay poor.  They have every opportunity that can be given to them.

This is destructive behavior that hurts people.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-13 08:59:06 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-3-13 08:10
I mean, if those on the lowest rank of the economic pile calls for unity and starts using the trai ...

The civil rights movement was more of a call to 'unity'.  It was a positive movement to solve the economic disparity and other discriminatory practices.

The civil was was fought and won.  They got everything they wanted.

'Group psychology' is called sociology btw.

What can be done it to emphasize we are all humans first - more alike than different.

Stressing differences leads to disharmony.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-13 09:14:08 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-3-13 08:59
The civil rights movement was more of a call to 'unity'.  It was a positive movement to solve the  ...

you see it here all the time too.

Its me /us vs them

insider vs outsider.

everybody does it.

it is in the genes, in the DNA.

see all the monkeys running around fighting?

30 million years evolution. ....but I know what will get them together.............an alien invasion or a terrorist attack by the browns will get them together.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-13 10:11:17 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-3-13 09:14

Its me /us vs them

Why isn't it in my genes then?

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-13 10:12:33 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-3-13 09:14

Its me /us vs them

us vs them does not have to do anything with race.

racism is taught - a learned behavior.

my children and grandchildren prove that wrong.  babies don't know to hate another baby based on color of skin.

Its taught to them by their parents.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-13 13:56:08 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-3-13 05:15
There is institutional racism and there is individual racism; the racism described here doesn't  ...
Barrack Obama is the U.S. Whites' poster boy who dismantles the perception that Blacks always are underdogs. He is not. He is well-to-do. He is even the nation's President.

You should read his story.  Again, he did not come from money.  His mother had two failed marriages.  His father was absent.  He even had to live with his grandparents for a few years.  Not exactly the picture of stability or riches.

So what made a difference with Obama compared to the thousands of other kids who come from broken homes and disadvantaged backgrounds?

My theory is, it was all his mother.  She was an idealist.  She raised him to believe he could be anything he wanted to be.  She told him as a child that he could grow up to be president.  She instilled the value of having a good education.  Her lifelong struggle was all about pursuing her PHD regardless of her obstacles.  She showed him how to succeed by doing it herself.   She never let him think there were obstacles that couldn't be overcome.  Also she raised him to be an 'internationalist'.  She hated all forms of nationalism, racism and discrimination.  She really had high goals for him on the international front.

Even though he rejected his mother as an adult, those values she instilled in him, I believe, was key to his success.   He wasn't raised in poor black neighborhoods where parents teach their children that they have disadvantages.  That they live in a hostile world where everyone hates them.  He didn't grow up around blacks at all....or at least minimally.

That is what led to his identity crisis and rejecting his mother.  He longed for acceptance.  He rebelled against her in almost every way as a young adult.  Instead of an 'internationalist' - he became more of a nationalist and patriot.  Instead of having an open mind on religion and spirituality, he became a christian and went to church regularly.  

I guess his mother didn't approve of Michelle because she was not well traveled or sophisticated enough for her son and her big dreams for him.

Some of the problems in the black community is accepting defeat almost.  I also did not raise my daughter to feel like she was limited in any way.  I told her also that she could be president.  But she has been told many times by some racist blacks that she has 'two strikes against her'.  

If you grow up with the mentality that you can't succeed - you won't even try.  If you grow up in neighborhoods where talking proper english is considered a 'white' thing and therefor 'bad' - you're limiting yourself.  Its just so frustrating to see this mentality.   I just want to shake some people.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.