Views: 18297|Replies: 68

I may never take a scalpel   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-9 18:14:06 |Display all floors
This post was edited by lanqishi at 2014-3-9 10:58

I'm a graduating medical student. During the past few years, there are lots of medical disputes in China. Just yesterday, one of my upperclassman was hurt by a stranger in an elevator, to our surprise, the reason why he hurt that man was "I just want to hurt them who wear white cloak". After I read this news, I was startled that the relationship between doctors and patients was in this way.

As a graduating medical student, I have to think about whether I'll continue to go this way. This problem has confused me for a while. If I continue to learn clinical medicine, that means I'll work at hospital, then I may have the possibility to be hurt by some petulant patients. So I'm thinking about to learn basic medicine, that means I'll do research in the future,  and don't have to worry about hurting by someone. But there will be a pity that I could not be a doctor anymore, anyway, to be a doctor was my original intention to study medicine.

The serious doctor-patient relationship in China to day is not the doctors' moral issue. Even though you are a good doctor, you may hurt by some petulant patients. Though the number of the vilonce targeting doctor is not very big contrast with the huge population in China, I am the whole to my family. If I'm hurting or killing by patient someday, how can I image the sorrow to my parents. Back to the serious doctor-patient relationship, though the China's Ministry of Public Security has promised a zero tolerance approach to vilonce and other crimes targeted at medical staff, I don't think this measure can solve the serious problem. The key reason to the problem is that the propotion of goverment spending on medical input is to low. The hospital have no way to survive but to increase the cost of treatment, then the ordinary people are considering that the doctors are squeezing them, then the problem is becoming more and more serious. Untill the day doctor Wang hao was killed by a crazy patient, the conflict was breaking out. Unless the government contribute more on medical costs, the doctor-patient relationship will not be solved.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-3-9 21:03:29 |Display all floors
My wife never had a problem when she graduate. I think times are changing

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-9 22:28:47 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2014-3-9 13:03

Thank you for your reply. It's my first time to say something here. I'm very happy to see someone reply to me.

Just like what I've said, the medical enviroment is becoming more and more serious. As far as I know, many of my classmates are also considering that whether we should continue to study medicine due to the serious medical enviroment. Today, being a doctor is becoming a dangerous job. So we have to consider this problem a lot. Would you like to give me some advice? Thank you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-9 22:29:45 |Display all floors

Thank you for your reply. It's my first time to say something here. I'm very happy to see someone reply to me.

Just like what I've said, the medical enviroment is becoming more and more serious. As far as I know, many of my classmates are also considering that whether we should continue to study medicine due to the serious medical enviroment. Today, being a doctor is becoming a dangerous job. So we have to consider this problem a lot. Would you like to give me some advice? Thank you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-9 22:31:59 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-9 22:33:50 |Display all floors

Just like what I've said, the medical enviroment is becoming more and more serious. As far as I know, many of my classmates are also considering that whether we should continue to study medicine due to the serious medical enviroment. Today, being a doctor is becoming a dangerous job. So we have to consider this problem a lot.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-9 22:35:34 |Display all floors

Just like what I've said, the medical enviroment is becoming more and more serious. As far as I know, many of my classmates are also considering that whether we should continue to study medicine due to the serious medical enviroment. Today, being a doctor is becoming a dangerous job. So we have to consider this problem a lot.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.