Views: 11117|Replies: 34

28 Dead, 113 Wounded, in Terrorist Hacking of Innocent Civilians in Kunming   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-2 16:12:42 |Display all floors
March 2008 - Tibetan monks dear to the hearts of the Human Rights and Free Tibet Movement of the West, went on a house to house, street by street, rampage hacking innocent non-Tibetan Chinese pedestrians, burning down homes with children hiding in them, and killing dozens of civilians and policemen (some of whom have half their brains sticking out).

March 2014 - Nearly a dozen terrorists wielding long knives attacked Chinese civilians at at train station in Kunming, killing 28 civilians, and wounding 113 others.  

The state news has not yet revealed the identity or motives of the terrorists . . . but the Western news media has been unusually silent about this event, so far.  Can anyone guess who the terrorists might be?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-2 20:13:31 |Display all floors
My access to the "unusually silent" western media on this tragic event has informed me of relevant details concerning this attack i.e. place, time, number of victims, plus the clearly enunciated accusation that Muslim terrorists from western China are being blamed. Such news reports took place the day after the tragedy.

Is there some way that you can twist this reportage into a trenchant criticism of western news reportage on the China front ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-2 23:18:51 |Display all floors
March 10 is the 55th Anniversary of the Tibet Uprising of 1959.  Are they involved?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-3 00:28:15 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2014-3-2 16:18
March 10 is the 55th Anniversary of the Tibet Uprising of 1959.  Are they involved?

why where they dressed in black ? Did they pick that from a video game ?
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-3 02:02:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2014-3-2 18:05
Motika Post time: 2014-3-2 16:28
why where they dressed in black ? Did they pick that from a video game ?

This terrorist attack looks scripted by the Hollywood types, except it is a Terrorist Reality Show for them, using real Chinese men, women and children as their victims.  But the costumes, paraphernalia, and even their "evidence" left behind conveniently in the homes or temporary residences of the terrorists paint the picture of Xinjiang Islamic terrorists.

Except . . .

They don't belong in Tibetan-dominated Kunming/Yunnan, most of whose people, by the way, despite their being minorities are proud to be Chinese and are quite patriotic.  These Islamic terrorists clearly cannot sell their ideas to the locals, and so their "show" could only be intended for consumption by others elsewhere.  Since this is a reality show to be used as a model for terror elsewhere, the only other places it could be targeted to, have to be other Tibetan-dominated towns and cities.  But why not do it there, on site?  Two reasons come to mind immediately.  

One is these other places might be under a higher degree of vigilance against terrorist acts and therefore harder to implement such a large scale massacre.  

The other is, the Islamic terrorists might mistake local Tibetans for Han Chinese and end up causing widespread resentment of Tibetans against the Xinjiang terrorists, in which case, they won't copy the "act" they carefully scripted for copying by Tibetan extremists.

The choice of Kunming, a Tibetan territory, for carrying out an Islamic terror attack, but using traditionally Tibetan weapons of ethnic cleansing, which are the "long knives" used in this incident, and carried out with hacking and stabbing Chinese civilians, as occurred in the Lhasa Race Riots of March 2008, is clearly a choreographed choice of venue, audience, props and type of violence.

China needs to safeguard the lives of its civilians, therefore, in every Tibetan town and city, even if the actual terrroists were from Xinjiang.  Of course, Xinjiang itself needs to beef up public safety measures, but omitting Lhasa and other Tibetan-dominated regions would be a failure of intelligence and a grave error of public security.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-3 02:25:33 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2014-3-3 02:02
This terrorist attack looks scripted by the Hollywood types, except it is a Terrorist Reality Show  ...

Almost 60 years already.......still the same war against the Tibetans.......

Isn't that a bit incompetent?

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2014-3-3 02:56:13 |Display all floors
  1. The choice of Kunming, a Tibetan territory, for carrying out an Islamic terror attack, but using traditionally Tibetan weapons.....
Copy code
Kunming a Tibetan territory? Those Tibetans were all hiding when I was there? Fact is that many ethnic minority groups live in Kunming, among them Zhuang, Miao, Dai, Naxi, Hani and even Lisu but the number of Tibetans is insignificant. There is one area in Yunnan which Tibetans call their home. This is Deqen Tibetan Autonomous prefecture (see No. 11 on the map). There are also 2 more prefectures where a considerable number of Tibetans do live, these are Nujiang, Lisu Autonom. Pref. (see No. 10) and Lijiang Pref. (No.6)

Yunnan admin entities.png

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.