Author: voice_cd

Describe China's changes in your eyes     [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-7 00:38:55 |Display all floors
summerecho Post time: 2014-3-2 04:02
wow, our life has changed a lot. 10 years ago, everytime my mom took me supermarkets, she did not al ...

yeah, sometime, I really would like to have a sugar. But I don't dare to ask my parents to get some money to buy. As i know, we are have a hard life at that time. How could i have a chance to eat sugar? ha, but for now, it is great changes. As you said, we can buy what we want.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-7 02:24:22 |Display all floors
HMIK Post time: 2014-3-6 16:38
yeah, sometime, I really would like to have a sugar. But I don't dare to ask my parents to get ...

life has changed so much and it heads to the better which is good. i am really grateful to all the best that these changes have brought to us. wish the happiness and peace live long with us.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-7 05:31:14 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-7 11:33:37 |Display all floors
in " SHENZHEN SPEED"  is a phrase used in China.  It is recognized that Shenzhen is no ordinary city; things happen much faster here. While it usually takes 7-10 days to go up one story of a new skyscrapper, in Shenzhen it happens in 3-5 days! so whats new since I left 6 months ago?  I took my usual route by train to the airport, but was confused when the train stopped early and everybody switched to another train on a new track only to go to another stop where we were told to take a free bus to our final destination -airport.  Getting there, I found a brand spanking new operating terminal that any medern city would be proud off. On the (hybrid) bus to my home village I noticed there were sections of new overhead "metro" train completed and many under construction, night and day.  I knew it was planned the metro would get to my village in 2015, however to build a stretch of 17 kilometers through this bustling city. I thought was a long shot.  Compare this with the 30 years of planning and work it took to build One I-5 freeway exit and bridge in Tri-City, Oregon USA!  In my village of Xinqiao (prononced schin-chow with rising tone 2nd sylabol)  as I expected many shops had changed hands, but also several of the 15 year old, 5 story  buildings were being replaced by new modern structures. I expect them to be 12-17 stories. A large hotel had been gutted and was under renovation.  And dozens of new shops were open on the ground floor of the buildings that were under construction a year ago.  There are now 3, 24 hour convenience stores, several more noodle shops, and resturaunts, a new coffee shop,  etc. all within a block.  One disappointment is that my favorite Peking duck shop has been replaced by a noodle shop.  However my favorite street vendors (hawkers)  are still here including -  2 BBQ's,  chineese pizza guy, fresh fruit, street pool tables.  and motorbike taxi's.  3 of 4 of my best friends had also made changes.  My machinist had moved his "factory" and was proud to take me for a ride in his first car, a brand new VW, with gps and back-up camera.  Another has quit factory work and opened a shipping business   the 3rd has quit the carbon fibre factory, and taken another job in a different area of the city.  The 4th is still busy as boss of his environmental company, designing, building and installing factory air scrubbers, water purification systems etc.  So that's a glimpse of what happens  "IN THE SPEED OF SHENZHEN".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-7 12:11:58 |Display all floors
AndrewPKU Post time: 2014-3-5 16:28
Perhaps I misunderstood…I thought a country and culture were made up by the traditions, beliefs,  ...

Hey AndrewPKU,  You may have had some government class in School,   BUTTTTT>>>>

"Anyone can become a elected official in the USA, not just a small group of "party members"."

Andy...  you obviously have not dealt with "The good old Boys Club"  in small town government
Nor do you did you realize that there were a dozen candidates for the last presidential election.
because the media only covered 2 candidates. that were backed by the corporations that own the media.

When the village officials do not represent the constituents the way the constituents wish, he or she is voted out of office in the next election, or in more serious instances, immediately through a "no confidence" vote.

Now that sounds better than the USA alternative.........

Our judiciary oversees individual city/county/state laws to ensure that they uphold the US Constitution, which trumps state constitutions.   

Andy....  You got this all screwed up.    the united STATES  was created as a republic with the states holding the power that was not given to the federal Gov. Your local Sheriff was supposed to have the most power.
Unfortunatly the Federals have (and continue to) undermine the constitution for the benifit of the corporations that  control the politicians they get elected..   Obviously the USA education system has also been corrupted..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-7 18:12:58 |Display all floors
There is no timetable for allowing every couple to have second child.Some couple can have another kids,because their first kid is a girl ; my first kids is a son ,I also want to have a little daughter.but the law not allowed ,I think it's not fair for us .why they can have two children ,they have four people consist of family ,but we only have three people.It's not equal in math.
In countryside, In some regions every couples can have two kids and don't need to pay fee to the government, no matter the first born is a boy or a girl. In some regions if the couples want to have second kid,they just need to pay two or three thousand  RMB to the government.
Why  there are so many different in one china?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-8 06:42:12 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.