Views: 5291|Replies: 9

Together to the end [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-2-24 20:59:28 |Display all floors
For six decades, Floreen and Ed Hale have been inseparable, and even death could not keep them apart.

On February 7, Mrs Hale, 82, passed away in a Batavia, New York, hospital, with her gravely ill husband lying next to her and holding her hand until the very end.

Just 36 hours later, Ed Hale died at age 83.

+4

Hand in hand: Floreen Hale, 82 (left) passed away earlier this month, with her dying husband of 60 years, Ed (right) holding her hand to the end

Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-24 21:04:20 |Display all floors

+4

Gentleman's promise: When Ed Hale came to Floreen's parents to ask her hand in marriage, he was told 'no' because the young woman was recovering from a horrific car accident, but the suitor changed his future in-laws' mind when he promised to care for her his entire life

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-24 21:04:42 |Display all floors

+4

Lifetime of happiness: This summer, the Hales celebrated 60 years of marriage - a time spent raising their two children, doting on their three grand-kids and one another

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-24 21:05:07 |Display all floors

+4

Storybook love: As he lay dying from kidney failure in a hospital 35 miles away from his wife, Ed Hale asked to be taken to Floreen so he could be with her in their last moments together

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2014-2-25 11:28:29 |Display all floors
Rearwindow Post time: 2014-2-24 21:05
+4

Storybook love: As he lay dying from kidney failure in a hospital 35 miles away from his wife,  ...

My Grandparents.........My Nan died and four days later my Grandfather died...

That's the way to do it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-25 18:38:45 |Display all floors
My old lady died and my old man cried like some long lost child. Six months later it was his turn and no one bother to cry much for him. They make a mockery of themselves when they were alive and drove everyone away. This couple is so different.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-25 20:43:43 |Display all floors
What a wonderful story, My wife and I have been married for 58 years and we both understand that one day our love must come to an end

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.