Author: 1584austin

Should India introduce the ONE child policy?   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-2-24 16:24:41 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2014-2-24 18:17
And, I seem to recall that an awkward son of Indira (not Rajiv) was involved. He exited politics.  ...

yes, your memory is correct... he did not exit politics voluntarily. he was killed in a plane crash that some people view as suspicious.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-24 16:26:48 |Display all floors
I would add though that population decrease is probably much more needed in Bangladesh and Pakistan. In certain parts of Africa. In Haiti. Still, imagine India with only 500 million people with a higher per capita GDP!
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-24 16:32:19 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-2-24 03:24
yes, your memory is correct... he did not exit politics voluntarily. he was killed in a plane cras ...

Well, my old brain is still holding on! Good-night KIyer! We geriatrics often retire early. It's 19.33 here and dark.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-24 16:37:39 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2014-2-24 18:26
I would add though that population decrease is probably much more needed in Bangladesh and Pakistan. ...

population density should be the real issue, along with consumption density of the population.
USAnians and Australians consume about 25-28 times the energy and materials as compared to an average Indian. There is no drive in these countries to lower consumption... Do you remember the famous line of George Bush Sr "The American way of life is not negotiable", before a climate science meeting in Mexico, in the 90s?
it seems that the path to any country with a sustainable population density is not a straight line from here. It is a winding path....
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-24 16:38:59 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2014-2-24 18:32
Well, my old brain is still holding on! Good-night KIyer! We geriatrics often retire early. It's 1 ...

OK good night!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-25 06:41:09 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-2-24 12:45
that is definitely the history in Oz. that is how they came to overwhelm the native population.
how ...

Would the native population have developed Oz very much without the Anglos ?  Probably not i dont think.

Even though they largely imported our convicts en masse they've done pretty well.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-25 07:39:49 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2014-2-25 06:41
Would the native population have developed Oz very much without the Anglos ?  Probably not i dont  ...

Has the native benefited from the exploitation of their Australian natural resource?

You are talking like the dumbo Cameron.
His message to the Scots:  
"Sharing your Scottish North Sea oil with the English will benefit the Scots......."
What a load of crap!

One minus half does not make two!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.