Author: 1584austin

Should India introduce the ONE child policy?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-2-24 12:59:58 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2014-2-24 10:45
One child for immigrants definately.  They breed like rabbits

Umh, so you disapprove of Cameron's immigration policy?
But your bankrupt little island needs all the new immigrants' lush money they can get their filty hands on.

"Buy a London home, and we will give you a UK Passport and resident status" was the message heard and picked up by the immigrants from the Middle-east Arabs, east and southern Asians. For the past five years, 70% of all new London houses have been purchased by them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-24 15:55:38 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-2-23 23:48
however, India definitely needs a one child only policy.  the way they achieve is a bit subtle... if ...

I remember there was a bad "forceful" sterilization program about 30 yrs ago. I advocate a voluntary program of paying poor women very well to have their tubes tied.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-24 15:56:01 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-2-23 23:48
however, India definitely needs a one child only policy.  the way they achieve is a bit subtle... if ...

I remember there was a bad "forceful" sterilization program about 30 yrs ago. I advocate a voluntary program of paying poor women very well to have their tubes tied.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-2-24 16:08:20 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2014-2-24 17:55
I remember there was a bad "forceful" sterilization program about 30 yrs ago. I advocate a volunta ...

you are correct Ted, that forced sterilization program failed miserably and it antagonised a lot of people in India against the then ruling government. it was scrapped...
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-24 16:14:46 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-2-23 22:12
YES. The last thing this world needs is more people.

Amazing! On this we AGREE!
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-24 16:17:56 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-2-24 03:08
you are correct Ted, that forced sterilization program failed miserably and it antagonised a lot o ...

And, I seem to recall that an awkward son of Indira (not Rajiv) was involved. He exited politics. Is this true? I think his name was Sanjay. Is my old memory correct?
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-2-24 16:22:28 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2014-2-24 17:56
I remember there was a bad "forceful" sterilization program about 30 yrs ago. I advocate a volunta ...
I advocate a voluntary program of paying poor women very well to have their tubes tied.

it should not only be for poor women, but any woman, and they should be paid a fixed amount (it might mean a lot to a poor woman, but not for a wealthy one).
I suspect there will be a lot of takers among the well-off too. They are too busy these days to carry their own baby to term and will hire surrogates. India, unfortunately, is one country where a lot of women act as surrogates for the relatively richer western couples... It is sad, but there seems no limits to the greed of the haves, they want everything done for them. So, they have a great interest in keeping enough people in the world in conditions so desperate that they will do anything for a few dollars...
It is a sad reflection on the human condition.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.