Author: fiorey

Why prostitution cannot be legalized in mainland China   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-2-22 10:49:35 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2014-2-22 10:47
This sounds like a narrative but not a true account. Is there a factual police report?

Actually I ...

Can you read?  I do have a post on forced male prostitution.  Goes more with what you and seneca believe prostitution is.  Anyways, police reports are everywhere.  Just use google

Police in the Netherlands say they have cracked a crime ring which allegedly trafficked Nigerian children into the West to work as sex slaves.
At least 19 people were arrested in the Netherlands and five other countries including the US and Britain.

Traffickers used voodoo to gain a hold over children before smuggling them abroad in a racket which exploited the asylum system, police say.

Scores of underage Nigerians, mainly girls, may have been trafficked.

Dutch authorities had been investigating the disappearance of 140 Nigerian children from asylum-seeker holding centres since January 2006.

Several of the children were later found working as prostitutes in France, Italy and Spain, according to Dutch police.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-22 10:58:50 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-2-22 09:41
Amsterdam Travel: Sex Tourism and Human Trafficking

Every year, millions travel to Amsterdam to s ...

I highly doubt the assault numbers are correct prostitution is highly regulated and subject to frequent pollice visits. If things were as extreme as this subjective report claims:
1.) The police would shut it down
2.) The Public would shut it down
3.) A reputation for violence would cause very few sex-worker recruits thus shutting it down

But it's not shut down it remains a highly viable business, promoted by a highly organized, intelligent government

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-22 11:06:35 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-2-22 10:00
An estimated 70% of women working in prostitution in the Netherlands are foreigners, primarily fro ...

So females become prostitutes because of: "Economic vulnerability, namely a lack of job opportunities in these origin countries"

Men don't become prostitutes because of this why do women? If it's such a bad thing why don't they just refuse to do it and assume the nature-driven role of being cared for by a husband or boyfriend?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-22 11:08:58 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2014-2-22 11:06
So females become prostitutes because of: "Economic vulnerability, namely a lack of job opportunit ...
  1. Men don't become prostitutes because of this why do women? If it's such a bad thing why don't they just refuse to do it and assume the nature-driven role of being cared for by a husband or boyfriend?
Copy code
good question.

the answer is in specialization

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-22 11:15:33 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-2-22 09:54
New-style pimps known as ‘loverboys’ have put the small Dutch town of Veenendaal in the limeligh ...

"boys of Moroccan origin" this I will grant you is a big problem.

Ater working in Muslim countries I've seen first-hand the offensive way Muslim males treat women. I almost broke a guy's jaw in Kabul when I punched him for beating his wife in public with a belt.

These: "Slick Freddy" kinds of guys I'm certain are not representative of the Dutch mainstream they are the immigrants the Dutch public is starting to demand be expelled

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-22 20:11:46 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-2-22 14:16
This is a cut and paste job that does not do you proud!

It shows that you are single-minded, w ...

So what is your honest opinion seneca?

Girls go into prostitution because they are greedy and want prada bags?

You believe there are no harmful effects of prostitution?

You believe its 'okay' for self-respecting females to have to live with the fact that this is happening with their gender?

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-22 20:27:44 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-2-22 20:11
So what is your honest opinion seneca?

Girls go into prostitution because they are greedy and wan ...

Specialization

You should understand the merits of specialization.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.