Author: fiorey

Why prostitution cannot be legalized in mainland China   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-2-23 20:24:10 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-2-23 13:24
I have given an HONEST opinion which most decent people can accept but you have to turn it again ...

The thing is....everyone else you are talking about also admits that prostitution is a bad thing and that its not a desirable career choice.  They can see the negatives and have more of a balanced view.

I can accept that and I'm not going to give a person like that a hard time.  People can have different opinions.

But you stand alone, apart from all other male on this forum, except for maybe revolutionair, in your views towards women.

You are not the same as Ted, Bandito, or zglobal.  

You are not a decent man.   Nothing you can say now can erase the years of postings that I have read from you.

You hung yourself.  You can't cry victim now.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-23 20:29:03 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-2-23 13:53
Maria Mostered acted like an adult, going out with a man whom she introduced to her parents who di ...

No, none of that is 'normal'.

I've told you before, only the vulnerable and messed up kids get into this.

You cannot be a prostitute and be NORMAL.

Those kids wouldn't fall for this stuff.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-23 20:31:56 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-23 20:40:56 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2014-2-23 20:31
It won't change much, even over time.

You are pushing a dead horse.

I am more optimistic about human nature I guess.

Women's rights have always come behind racial equality.  We have more racial equality now and its the logical next step to see females as human beings.

Prostitution will be a thing of the past.  We will look back on it one day like slavery.  An unfortunate chapter of human history before we became enlightened and civilized.

People don't think its so wrong because we were raised with it all.  Its normalized behavior to us.  Most wouldn't think twice.  But that is exactly the way it was during african slavery.  People just shrugged their shoulders and thought that it was just 'the way it is' and rationalized it in their head as not being so bad.

Prostitution is an affront to human dignity.

Our granddaughters should be able to grow up in a world where they don't see other females in this role.  

It will happen.  

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-23 21:04:30 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-23 21:14:10 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2014-2-23 21:04
So you think we can change the oldest profession in the world.

Good luck with that one.

I think its the next logical progression in human development, yes.

I see a change developing now in colleges.  I was actually shocked by how much my kids have reported back to me where their instructors and professors have approached sexism in the classroom.  They are asking some very provocative questions to their students.  And this is seemingly across the board - whether it is a math class or literature, male or female teacher.  The educators are challenging people social attitudes and that is not just restricted to race and religion but also includes gender.

It has to happen.  More and more women are in the professional workplace, they have transcended stereotypes.  One cannot keep blinders on and not see women as fellow human beings worthy of dignity.

It will happen.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-23 21:24:27 |Display all floors
There are no prostitutes in China, only social sex workers.

It is very sad the gweilos here can't see the difference.

i agree organised sex gangs should be outlawed, but social sex workers, those working to feed their family should be allowed. Yes, educate them the safety of conducting sex with strangers, but don't outlaw them, as there are minimal social safety networks to feed their family.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.