Views: 3784|Replies: 7

Do you believe in feng shui?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-2-10 17:23:43 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Rearwindow at 2014-2-10 17:29

Feng shui, the traditional Chinese study of geomantic omens, usually for buildings or cemeteries, produced exorbitant profits for fortune-tellers during the recent Chinese New Year celebrations.

I think that's just superstition, but some people are trying to convince me into believing it. And even some foreigners believe in it. How about you?
Feng-shui-in-Water-Dragon.jpg
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-2-10 18:05:19 |Display all floors
This is just like 'Vaasthu Kala' in India. Sometimes one gets an explanation for the recommended design and it makes perfect sense. Sometimes they cannot give a reasonable explanation or the reason has been superceded and obsolete..
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-2-10 18:36:33 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2014-2-10 20:14
Most people realise 'feng shui' is just a bit of fun culture.

Anyone who takes it too seriously nee ...

is it popular on TV in China?
do people also act as consultants for house and other constructions and charge for that?
there are 'experts' now in India too, I believe..
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-2-12 15:33:39 |Display all floors
A neighbour in our office block consulted a feng shui expert when he moved in, did everything he was told to do and his business went bust in 9 months, hardly a good advertisement

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-12 15:48:58 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-2-10 18:05
This is just like 'Vaasthu Kala' in India. Sometimes one gets an explanation for the recommended des ...

In china, especially under the education of CPC,  the rate of beliving the so called FENGSHUI is not so high.  three kinds of people in this society believe it more in my opion, one is high level official , the second is the richer, those two kinds are afraid of losing the post or fortune, the third is the poorer who want to reverse the current situation.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-12 16:02:04 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-2-12 15:33
A neighbour in our office block consulted a feng shui expert when he moved in, did everything he was ...

Like the share market commentator, if a fengshui expert has such a ability really, why they survive on this skill with low income

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-12 16:04:54 |Display all floors
It is a joke.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.