Author: ChrisZ

The 4-year-old Al Qaeda fighter in Syria shooting an AK-47   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-2-9 00:16:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2014-2-9 00:16
ning05 Post time: 2014-2-8 23:31
Maybe you will get your wish where you and your family is caught up in a war!

Let's see how you  ...

Since you don't agree with Ban Ki Moon, I can see you have no soul, no sense of the inevitable, don't understand human affairs.

All you know is support the inhuman decisions of China and Russian.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-2-9 05:20:39 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-2-9 01:11
Read war books, does it means you have to go to war?

reading books is good, reading books on war is good too. Yes, reading can sometimes transport you complety into scenarios you have not been physically. I fully agree and understand. You must be a good reader and enjoy reading. I do too. Thanks for pointing that out. We dont all have undergo tragedies to understand, reading a classic or a Greek tragedy or a mythological story or a real story does elevate us.
When you debate meaningfully on this issue, you are OK, even if I dont agree with you.  But when you spout slogans repeatedly, without any context or basis, say extreme views, without justification or context, I wonder. You say only one side of it. Revolutions do bring about major changes, often these do not last in their original sense unless there is more quiet, subtle or persistent change in people's way of thinking. Those are the silent revolutions that take a longer time as measured by the time scale of life and creation, not human lifetimes...
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-9 05:52:10 |Display all floors
Some of my earliest vivid memories are of living through a war as a 3 year old. I will write about them and perhaps share it here someday.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-9 06:39:09 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-2-8 23:15
Wars  have always been the most intense of human experience

The most intense of human emotions..... ...

Must  boring for you wherever you are
What about West Bank or Syria , more interesting place.

ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-9 07:07:00 |Display all floors
Motika Post time: 2014-2-8 18:54
My thoughts are now about the situation in Bosnia with the civil unrest and riots

Not again
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-9 07:16:52 |Display all floors
F111 Post time: 2014-2-9 09:07
Not again

unfortunately, yes,  again..
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-9 07:32:19 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-2-9 07:16
unfortunately, yes,  again..

Was there last time
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.