Views: 7698|Replies: 10

How do you like the Spring Festival gala? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-1-31 10:31:37 |Display all floors
gala.jpg

As one big important part of Chinese celebrations for the lunar new Year, the Spring Festival gala has become a necessity on the last night of the year .  Billions of audiences would watch the TV gala on the night.

Single choice vote, There are a total of 12 people participating in the poll
41.67% (5)
8.33% (1)
33.33% (4)
16.67% (2)
Your current user group has no poll permission

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-1-31 12:41:13 |Display all floors
I found it "cheap" compared to previous years but I think this was wanted by CCTV to follow the humble image wanted by Mister Xi.

The magician was pretty horrible (though his bill changing routine was quite good) and I loved the Hungarian shadow act, this was amazing.

Overall I found the show lacked of passion and, paradoxically, that it wasn't Chinese enough.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-31 16:10:00 |Display all floors
Seemed pretty much the same as every year to me. Buddy of mine played the sax, so that was cool to see. I wonder if that poor girl is still spinning?
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-31 16:57:59 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2014-1-31 12:41
I found it "cheap" compared to previous years but I think this was wanted by CCTV to follow the humb ...

The program was overly blitzy and ostentatious the past few years.  I like the more simplified image; the backdrops this year are more tasteful and still spectacular for selected performances.

favorite performances:  synchronized drummers,  long sleeve dance - gorgeous!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-31 18:51:40 |Display all floors
the performin was amazin cos it really talked about the PEOPLE, religion and not like before about the militants  {:soso_e113:}
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-2-1 00:11:33 |Display all floors
msrong Post time: 2014-1-31 16:57
The program was overly blitzy and ostentatious the past few years.  I like the more simplified ima ...

Yes I agreed it was overly ostentatious in the past few years and that's why in comparison this one seemed cheaper (which is funny considering this year's director had been paid much more money than last year's).

What bothered my was the lack of a host. The shows went one after another.

Of course, overall, it is still a great show, CCTV spring festival gala is one of the most amazing TV shows from an artistic point of view.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-1 08:22:37 |Display all floors
If you are Chinese and over 50, you might enjoy it.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.