Views: 7642|Replies: 25

Japan's Version of the Silence of the Lambs/Dolphins   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-1-21 15:49:21 |Display all floors
The traditional excuse of Japan for killing 35 million innocent Chinese men, women and children from 1937 to 1945 was "it didn't happen".  Just like the Nazi sympathizers would argue that the Holocaust "didn't happen".

But when it came to killing innocent and sentient dolphins that even a two year old can tell you is his buddy, modern "civilized" and "polite" Japan has an even "better" (though not truer) reason - it is Japan's age-old "tradition".  

Unfortunately, what Japan offers as the premise or reason for its actions is simply not true.  Now, fabricating history is the true "tradition" of Japanese politics and diplomacy, always carried out with etiquette and politeness, even if out of the range of the cameras of international dolphin lovers, the massacre of dolphins continues unabated.

In fact, the first recorded dolphin drive was in 1933, with later hunts occurring in 1936 and 1944.   These dolphin drive hunts were expanded in 1969.   This is "tradition"?  Of drive hunting dolphins?  Or, of lies?

250 dolphins have been rounded up at the Taiji Cove in western Japan.  Those not sold to zoos and aquariums face a bloody fate.  The Silence of the Dolphins is repeated year after year in this supposedly most civilized Asian country.  As tradition.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-21 19:08:11 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-1-21 16:51
I am rock-hard against killing, against death penalties and massacres, against killing out of patr ...

Nicely put.

Im horrified at the needless slaughter of dolphins, porpoise & whales by the Japanese; but widening the debate to unrelated historical events or racial traits and characteristics (which I'm sure people will), is not helpful.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-21 20:03:55 |Display all floors
It's very hard to get ones mind around that dolphins are in such quantity that they are to be treating like rabbits or possums
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-22 14:40:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2014-1-22 14:53
verdane Post time: 2014-1-21 19:08
Nicely put.

Im horrified at the needless slaughter of dolphins, porpoise & whales by the Japanese ...

Are you implying that the Japanese who massacred dolphins are not the Japanese who massacred Chinese?  Or, are Chinese of less value and humanitarian merit than dolphins?  It is the same fellows who did both.  For Christ's sake, what are you saying to the world?  It is OK for Japanese to massacre innocent Chinese men, women and children, but please, spare the dolphins?

The Nazi Internationale is circling the wagons to hide the Japanese Nazi's from international condemnation, not only for their massacre of friendly dolphins, but also of innocent Chinese.

No, there is no justification for treating both inhumane actions by the same Japanese actor as morally different atrocities.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-22 14:43:53 |Display all floors
THE MOTHER DOLPHIN IN TAIJI, JAPAN, COMMITTED SUICIDE BY DROWNING HERSELF - AFTER HER ALBINO CALF WAS TAKEN FROM HER

When will the world ever learn?  There is not a single ounce of kindness left in the Shinto land, to heartlessly herd friendly dolphins into a KILLING COVE, separating the baby dolphin from its mother.  The fact that the mother refused to surface again, and drowned herself afterwards, proves beyond a shadown of any doubt that dolphins are intelligent and capable of human emotions, that the Japanese government and many of its people seem incapable of.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-22 23:38:57 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-22 23:43:43 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.