Author: Rearwindow

The first-times of China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-1-17 00:11:57 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-1-16 12:37
Pictures of people smiling. And you dimwits try to turn it into a commercial for capitalism.

Robber

Why we have a thread for glorious last 30 years......

Why no thread for the glorious first 30 years of See See and Pee rule and communism?

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-17 00:24:45 |Display all floors
i luv my good ol china lookin at these fotos thought if i were taken a stroll down on a memory lane (thanks buddy)  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-17 10:09:02 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Rearwindow at 2014-1-17 10:09
youknowhat Post time: 2014-1-17 00:24
i luv my good ol china lookin at these fotos thought if i were taken a stroll down on a memory lane  ...

Welcome.
I was impressed with these old photos
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-1-17 10:24:39 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-1-16 08:11
Robber

The first 30 years China was trying to dig its way out of over 150 years of wars and occupations.
And even through all this Mr. Mao had the vision to make sure China got the bomb so they would
never have to worry about western or Japanese imperialists again.
Now, go back to sleep.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-17 11:36:30 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-1-17 10:24
The first 30 years China was trying to dig its way out of over 150 years of wars and occupations.

No one seems interested or no one can find pictures of genuine smiles of first 30 years of communist rule?

Where are the pictures of first communes? First shared kitchens? First shared bed rooms?

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-17 20:25:17 |Display all floors
Rearwindow Post time: 2014-1-16 21:09
Welcome.
I was impressed with these old photos

gotta love those fotos and wish they were mine to treasure...we lost our family album when we left vietnam in a hurry & besides they didnt allow too much weight especially when you're refugee  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-21 17:46:22 |Display all floors
Great pictures!
If you are foreigners living in Qingdao, let us help you.
http://www.itolot.com/

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.