Author: DSseeing

Man pursues 'Chinese dream' in New York   [Copy link] 中文

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-1-1 22:40:11 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-1-1 21:08
OK, let me put it another way, when I say assumption what I should have said is that is the way it ...

But that the thing, I think the story was written in Chinese and then translated in English.

Also, it's the low amount of the fine that bothers me. If he was working without a licence and got caught TWICE he would have to pay much more than that. If not everybody would just open their stand like that.

Anyway, it's not a big deal.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-1-1 22:42:59 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2014-1-1 22:40
But that the thing, I think the story was written in Chinese and then translated in English.

Also ...

I can not comment on the USA but a fine in the UK starts at £50 and rises to £500 for offences such as this. In China they would just confiscate his stall

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-1 22:45:55 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-1-1 22:52:17 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2014-1-1 22:45
Well, just make sure you have a decent bank balance to finance your casket and burial plot.

If yo ...

As my Grandfather used to say, do not worry about these things, they will not leave you on top.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-1 22:53:04 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-1-1 22:56:49 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-1-1 22:42
I can not comment on the USA but a fine in the UK starts at £50 and rises to £500 for offences s ...

Wow that's little.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-1 23:25:28 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2014-1-1 22:56
Wow that's little.

Too little but fact, most do not even get fined, they just get moved on.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.