Author: DSseeing

Man pursues 'Chinese dream' in New York   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-1-1 15:28:53 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-1-1 15:25
If you did complain no one would listen, hope 2014 is good to you

Thanks...
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-1-1 15:32:16 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2014-1-1 15:28
Thanks...

You are welcome, I wish there were more on here that can disagree on subjects without resorting to petty insults, it would make CD a better place.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-1 17:55:37 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-1 18:14:08 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-12-30 09:30
And it appears he is trading without a licence as the OP says he has twice been fined, I wonder wh ...

in order to operate a grease/food truck one might need to apply department of health permit, street vendor license, street cart premium insurance, take a food preparation exam, designated parking fee...at last one might think it's all good & safe to go but not yet the department of health might pay the vendor surprise visit & grade the vendor for his/her safe & kleanliness...with all that i rather go fishin  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-1-1 19:43:38 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2014-1-1 17:55
I forgot to insult you.

I will keep that on my memo!

You could not knock the skin off a rice pudding you obnoxious old fool

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-1-1 20:30:11 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-12-30 22:44
According to the OP "After being ticketed, the street vendor has to go to court. He has been fined ...

Maybe it is because English is not my first language but my understanding is different. He can be ticketed for a number of reasons, why do you think he is ticketed for a lack of license ?
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-1 20:32:25 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2014-1-1 20:30
Maybe it is because English is not my first language but my understanding is different. He can be  ...

As this fact comes at the end of a paragraph talking about licences and fines it is a natural assumption to make, had he been ticketed for another matter it would have been in a different paragraph.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.