Author: 1584austin

Muslims another step closer to ruling the UK   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-24 04:05:55 |Display all floors
Pingu66 Post time: 2013-12-24 02:31
So you're saying that most families which include Muslims want Christmas day off. I'm quite sure t ...

I think I am wasting my time with you

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2013-12-24 04:08:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 1584austin at 2013-12-24 04:09
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-12-24 04:05
I think I am wasting my time with you

MSN POLL 23/12/13

vote now

Should shops allow employees not to serve items that conflict with their religious beliefs?

31827 responses

Yes

14%

No

86%

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-24 04:18:30 |Display all floors
Pingu66 Post time: 2013-12-24 00:34
Or I can go to a different Cashier, this seems like quite a simple solution to me

If all the cashiers have a long queue (not uncommon) and the offending alcohol or ham is one of the last items going through the scanner, it could cause a ridiculous delay.

The simple facts are that the products (alcohol and pork) are legally available products in the UK. They are sold at thousands of stores throughout Britain.

Many muslim shopkeepers have no problem selling these products to customers, including in shops in majority muslim countries (have you seen the duty free alcohol section at Dubai airport?).

The cashier who refused to handle the alcohol sale is ignorant of the requirements of her religion.

She should be told that it's not a problem for a muslim to handle the sale of that product and referred to advice from the muslim community.
If she still refuses to sell these products, she should be simply dismissed from the job.
No ifs, no buts.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-24 04:21:12 |Display all floors
Pingu66 Post time: 2013-12-24 02:24
Dude! I'm quite sure that you did not own any retail businesses in the UK. Anyway, most busine ...

What is a dude? Do you have a limited vocabulary?
I don't like being called a liar or having what I say deliberately misinterpreted. I could not care less if you think I've owned businesses or not. You are obviously of limited intelligence, have no knowledge of British law or the definition of "contract": contract ) n. an agreement with specific terms between two or more persons or entities in which there is a promise to do something in return for a valuable benefit known as consideration.

A contract can include anything both parties agree to. There is no standard employment contract. Obviously employment law is an important element of any contract. UK law stipulates the number of days off per year but it is up to the parties involved as to which they are. If I employ mixed races I would be breaching the race discrimination act if I didn't treat them equally. So if they all wanted the same day off how could I operate the business? There has to be clauses which facilitate that there are sufficient staff available at any given time to operate the business efficiently.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-24 04:22:38 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-24 04:25:26 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2013-12-24 03:34
Onel, especially the little fringe here, may take note that sainsburys policy is confirmed by musl ...

Do by any chance use an electronic translator?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-24 05:42:23 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2013-12-24 03:01
The Muslim on the till wasn't asked to drink it, just take money for it.
She wasn't going to actu ...

Maybe she was scared that she might drop the bottle and then she would touch the contents.

My wife is vegan and she doesn't believe that she should touch meat. I could have called the newspapers and made an uproar but I found an easier solution, I cook!!!

I'm sorry but for me this is trivial as life is too short, I could easily just go to another cashier and wait that extra 10 minutes as we could all use to slow down a bit.
If you waiting an extra 10 minutes can justify someone losing their job and that is acceptable for you, I'm sorry but you lost a part of your humanity.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.