Author: 1584austin

Muslims another step closer to ruling the UK   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-23 22:57:34 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2013-12-23 21:35
It must be a european thing to put the worker before the business owner.

I think of it this way.. ...

Yes that. in France this can nevers happen.

their will be having no problem to not employ a person who wont do the full working job

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-23 23:04:37 |Display all floors
allnightlong Post time: 2013-12-23 22:55
Didn't you see her before you says she can be you gf?

sorry the sentence is a bit hard to understand.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-23 23:04:49 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2013-12-23 04:45
If certain people do not want to handle specific items, or even want to refuse serving customers des ...

stupid ppl hiring stupid ppl
盡忠報國

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-23 23:23:06 |Display all floors
Pingu66 Post time: 2013-12-23 22:50
Actually just google this: "DC Taxis Caught On Camera Refusing Black And Disabled Passengers Fined ...

I just looked at that and watched the video.  

I was curious as to see the ethnicity of the taxi drivers.  I haven't been picked up by a white taxi driver in about a decade.  Most seem to be immigrants from the middle east.

This was reflected in this video.  The ones they filmed on camera had heavy accents.  Maybe they just don't understand the rules yet.  Discrimination like that is a serious issue.  People will make a fuss about it and you can and will lose your job over something like that.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-23 23:51:49 |Display all floors
Pingu66 Post time: 2013-12-23 22:32
Most contracts don't state which days you get off, just how many. I guess for someone that owns a  ...

A contract is whatever two people agree to. If it states you get Christmas day off then you get it off. If it doesn't you don't. Otherwise it is discretionary. If you dont like the terms you don't take the job.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-23 23:54:13 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Laowai2? at 2013-12-23 23:57
Pingu66 Post time: 2013-12-23 22:30
But you still can't answer my question. If a Christian worked for a Muslim Employer and asked if t ...

Most people with families would like Christmas day off. Why should some get it and not others? To give some people with religious beliefs the day off and not others could be racial discrimination

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-24 02:06:47 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2013-12-23 22:56
If its not going to effect business, than there is no issue.

I understand employers have some obl ...

Well in this case, I don't think it will affect their business as most M&S store are quite big with a lot of cashiers.

You made some good points, I just think that most of us now get annoyed by differences too easily. I run a school for children where I require my staff to celebrate differences. In my school we celebrate all the religious holidays of my children. After that I can't then say when it comes to money or someone being annoyed you can throw all that out of the window.

We don't know what the full story is for why these Muslims wanted this but before we even try to understand their view point we automatically go on the defense and start attacking. We do this with most cultures that are different from ours. Then we complain why the world is such a horrible place without looking at ourselves.

Ok the kids are shouting at me right now as I need to prepare for Christmas. It was nice chatting to you and I wish you a Merry Christmas!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.