Author: sansukong

India vows to 'restore dignity' of diplomat in US   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-21 18:57:29 |Display all floors
jay_dee Post time: 2013-12-21 04:22
Where did you get that idea, are you on drugs???

Deputy Counsel General in NY consulate. Do you know what it means ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-21 18:59:04 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2013-12-21 15:53
They are heavy handed Manoj...But in some ways I think ordinary Indians should rejoice.

... for f ...

The diplomat women came from poor family too. I don't think the concept of rich and poor comes in to play in this scenario. The maid seem to have asked for the low paying job a quiet number of times before finally getting it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-21 19:07:10 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-21 19:24:22 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2013-12-21 16:07
You could well be right and we do not know the full story yet...........

Certainly it is far to s ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-21 20:43:59 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wowzers at 2013-12-21 20:56

Hmm. Seems Devyani Khobragade has a habit of lying & is wealthy.

According to the Ardash Probe Panel investigating her: "...she furnished false information to own a flat in the cooperative housing society...She had falsely claimed that she did not own a flat anywhere else at the time of her application for Adarsh membership"

"Her Income tax discloses that she is a well-to-do person since she owns agricultural land, flats in Aurangabad, Pune, Delhi, Thane and investments of large amounts." (The Indian Express)

And this is "the third instance where maids working for diplomats at the Indian Consulate General in New York have complained against their employers" (dnaindia)

How did a "mid-level consular officer (and not a diplomat)" acquire so much on her modest salary? I am curious why folks seem to be siding with her and not the victim in the case. As one commentator put it: "The US warned the Indian embassy to rectify this issue and this warning was ignored. Only then was the junior staff arrested and processed using standard operating procedures."

Perhaps more attention should be made to preserving & developing the relationship between the US and India than worrying about "honor" being "outraged" and going out on a diplomatic limb to "restore dignity" for this woman...But what do I know
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-21 21:41:34 |Display all floors
wowzers Post time: 2013-12-21 20:43
Hmm. Seems Devyani Khobragade has a habit of lying & is wealthy.

According to the Ardash Probe Pan ...

Hmmm, looks like she is not as innocent as her friends here try to lead us to believe.

@ mangey - Deputy Counsel General in NY consulate. Do you know what it means ?
Yes, it means she IS NOT a diplomat with immunity.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-21 23:51:13 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-12-21 20:50
Hmmm,

if you can't hire a domestic helper at the prevailing or legal minimum wage then don't hire ...

another person bragging about equality.......... why don't you go and check those third world countries like china, Bangladesh , India where workers are exploited for lower wages...

I am not defending the action of diplomat but please don't preach me on this wage rate , humanity , legality..by western nation......

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.