Views: 3635|Replies: 8

Shocking: attach hand to ankle to keep it alive [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-17 14:24:59 |Display all floors
Doctors have successfully reattached a man's severed hand after it was attached to his ankle for a month.
On November 10, Xiao Wei's right hand was severed due to an accident at work.  

He said: 'I was just shocked and frozen at the spot, until co-workers unplugged the machine and retrieved my hand and took me to the hospital.'

A Chinese man who had his right hand severed in a work accident had it attached to his ankle for a month to keep it alive

Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-17 14:25:22 |Display all floors

Commenting on the case, Mr Wei's doctor said: 'His injury was severe. Besides ripping injuries, his arm was also flattened. We had to clear and treat his injuries before taking on the hand reattachment surgery'

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-17 14:27:33 |Display all floors
At his local hospital in Changde, in China's Hunan province, doctors said they were unable to save his hand.

But they suggested that doctors at the larger regional hospital may be able to help.  
Mr Wei said: 'I am still young, and I couldn't imagine life without a right hand.'

Seven hours after the incident, he arrived at the other hospital in Changsha.

Doctors here were hopeful they could re-attach the hand, but not right away. So, in order to stop the severed hand from dying, they attached it to his ankle.

Mr Wei said: 'I am still young, and I couldn't imagine life without a right hand'

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-17 14:27:55 |Display all floors

While he will need to undergo several other operations, doctors are confident Mr Wei will regain full use of his reattached hand

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-17 15:16:44 |Display all floors
Cool medicine
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2013-12-17 22:47:11 |Display all floors
Rearwindow Post time: 2013-12-17 14:27
While he will need to undergo several other operations, doctors are confident Mr Wei wil ...

Incredible

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-17 23:09:07 |Display all floors
whatever it is just dont lemme wake up & see that...just wake me up when ev'rythin is all set & done  {:soso_e120:}{:soso_e113:}
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.