Views: 5452|Replies: 13

Should people stop eating cats and dogs?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-13 12:15:17 |Display all floors
This post was edited by INFINITEBAEK at 2013-12-13 12:16

Ads appealing for stop eating animals infuriated people in northeast China

1.jpg

Animals Asia Foundation (AAF) launched aseries of eye-catching advertisements appealing for stop eating animals in September. The slogan on the poster reads: “Be healthy foodies, stop eatingpuppies!” The series of posters evoked nationwide repercussions, and perhaps unsurprisingly, met opposition, even through AAF called the campaign “a huge success”.

The advertisement met most severe opposition in northeast China,since people there regard eating dogs as one of their most important traditions. They think it is their human right of adhering to tradition and eat whatever they want. As a result, AAF staff had to revise the local ads posterin northeast China.

Chen Minjie, staff of AAF, commented: “Sticking to tradition cannot justify their behavior of killing and eating dogs.” Another staff, Feng Dongmei, said: “They don’t even know whether they were eating healthy meat – what if the cats and dogs they eat were diseased animals?”

2.jpg

Netizen’s views were also split into twosides. Some say that AAF should not impose what western people believes upon Chinese, while others claim that there are also northeastern Chinese who don’teat dogs at all, and the real dispute is not upon keeping tradition.

What do you think? Are you a dog-eater yourself? Should dog-eating people be persuaded not to eat those animals any more? Or do you support those people adhering to tradition?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-13 22:34:21 |Display all floors
Tried dog twice. There is a difference between a pet and a stock animal. If the animal is raised for consumption as any other stock animal should be I see no problem.
Stealing "Fluffy" off the streets for dinner is wrong and a crime.
People have pet pigs so should the world stop consuming pork?
I love dogs, cats and all animals. Not real fond of snakes but I have tasted it before. Western Diamond Back Rattlesnake. Snake and eggs for breakfast in Arizona, USA.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-14 07:52:33 |Display all floors
Where to go with this, soooooooooooooo many avenues
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-14 11:26:19 |Display all floors
It can rain cats and dogs in the west
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-14 12:00:05 |Display all floors
I think it depends on why poeple raise animals,for a pet or money?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-14 12:34:07 |Display all floors
bluenoser Post time: 2013-12-13 22:43
I agree 100%

I wouldn't eat either but I understand in some cultures it is traditional.

Would you like pussy with soy sauce

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-14 14:58:35 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.