Author: PPsally

What to break the ice with a handsome man in subway?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-17 04:53:49 |Display all floors
xuedongi60 Post time: 2013-12-12 20:24
I think you can say these words directly: Hello,I want to know you,if he donot refused or give you  ...

Bad advice.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-17 04:54:44 |Display all floors
SDIvester Post time: 2013-12-13 08:07
Introduce yourself, and say I have noticed you for a while sitting by yourself. Ask if he would like ...

Bad advice. if you ask "Would you like some company?" he most likely will think you're a prostitute.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-17 05:09:24 |Display all floors
The best advice, so you don't come across as a prostitute or seem to be nosey as 99% of these Chinese that approach me, would simple to observe something he is reading or doing such as listening to his MP3 player. Then simply ask, "Hi, what are you listening to?" or "What are you reading?" Don't jump into "Where are you from? What are you doing in China? Are you married? Where do you live? Why are you here?" or none of the other crutch phrases that Chinese use. This is a red flag to most of us. NEVER ASK SOMEONE'S AGE UPON FIRST MEETING THEM.

Sometimes, you have to use your imagination and not rely on the typical crutch phrases. Be original and creative.

Recently, I've been ignoring people who approach me because that's what the vast majority do to me when I need something such as "where's the restroom?" or "Which is West Gate?" or simply try to initiate a simple conversation in the midst of total silence such as "what game is that you're playing?"; and, it doesn't matter if you use English or Mandarin. I don't respond with a single word anymore, I just turn my head and ignore. Gotta love the helpfulness and hospitality of Chinese. Ever heard of "do unto others?" So don't be surprised if some foreigners begin to adopt your social norms by not speaking to strangers. Kindness works both ways.

A Greek statue?<<not a good description of someone you claim to be attracted to.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-17 05:16:50 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-12-12 18:25
A good old fashioned method is to walk past him and drop something in the hope that he will pick it  ...

That's like telling a man who wants to attract the attention of a woman to "step on the heal of her shoe so she has to stop and readjust it, which will give you time to start a conversation." <<pathetic approach

Just smile at people more and people will believe you are friendly enough to approach. But in China, so many deep, sad, straight faces, and the fact that they live in a society of fear creates an environment where talking to strangers is taboo. Most here won't even say "Zao" for fear of having to speak to someone.

One Chinese girl told me that if a man smiles at a girl, he is interested in being her boyfriend. Totally bizarre thinking some of these people have, so just be cognizant that not everyone wants to or is willing to speak to strangers, especially foreigners. Too much fear....and shyness. Indeed, Xenophobia is alive and well in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-17 05:25:49 |Display all floors
Frank.j33 Post time: 2013-12-13 19:20
Brad Pitt

Who?
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-17 05:26:26 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2013-12-13 23:43
come and see me...instant love..

Yes we all love to hate you
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-17 05:27:06 |Display all floors
prashil Post time: 2013-12-14 11:41

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.