Views: 1187|Replies: 4

Discrimination on "Jesus" [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-8 14:35:18 |Display all floors

Aussie Nathan Grindal said: "Two big beef-head security guards dragged me into an office... It's not my fault that I look like Jesus."
A hairy fan has been banned from returning to a darts competition because he looks like Jesus.

Bearded Nathan Grindal was booted out of last year's Cash Converters Players Championship after the 5,000-strong crowd saw him on the big screen and chanted "Jesus".

The Messianic cries put Phil "The Power" Taylor off at the oche and Nathan, 34, was asked leave the event at Butlins in Minehead, Somerset, England.

But when he tried to return last week for this year's tournament, security pounced on the scraggly-bearded arrows fan.

Aussie electrician Nathan said: "Two big beef-head security guards dragged me into an office and told me they wouldn't let me watch the darts.

"I felt quite intimidated. The head of security told me they would not be letting me into the tournament as they didn't want a repeat of last year.

"It's not my fault that I look like Jesus."

A miraculous comeback saw Michael van Gerwen claim the 2013 title, beating previous champ Taylor 11-7.

A Butlins spokesman said: "Based on his disruptive behaviour last year, both Butlins and the organisers, PDC Darts, took the decision not to allow Mr Grindal into the resort."

The Professional Darts Corporation(PDC) refused to comment last night.

Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-16 00:07:48 |Display all floors
Well what a bunch of morons, Jesus was not white and would have short hair.

The day I stop learning will be the day I die. Maybe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-16 00:14:49 |Display all floors
Here's a representation of what Jesus looked like, according to a supposed Roman Wanted Poster.
One eyebrow, hunchty backed, short hair, olive skinned.
Jesus (Yahoshua ben Joseph) Christ-jesus-real.gif

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-16 16:45:30 |Display all floors
vk3ukf Post time: 2013-12-16 00:14
Here's a representation of what Jesus looked like, according to a supposed Roman Wanted Poster.
One  ...

Nobody has ever seen Jesus
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-16 19:09:04 |Display all floors
Nobody has ever seen Jesus

Hi Rearwindow, I don't think we've conversed before, so, hello and thanks for your post on the forum.

If nobody has ever seen Jesus, how on Earth did we get to know about him?

I am sure his mother saw him, I am also sure, all of the people he supposedly had gathered around him saw him. I am also sure that the Roman soldiers that crucified him saw him.
He was supposedly born 2013 years ago and was killed when he was about 38, I think.

No-one has seen him in almost 1975 years.

So, I am hoping you were just a bit quick in writing your reply, and that you also realize all of this.

We should use a little bit of logic and ask ourselves, if Jesus was born in the middle east, he would probably not be a white person, since they come from somewhere else, like northern Europe.

The wanted poster I referred to is a supposed wanted poster since I can not locate any reference to it anymore, apart from the image I saved at the time, from an article that was online, some 5 or 6  years ago. That article however made some points to which I have always subscribed to, those being, the portrayal of Jesus as a white anglo with long hair. In the time of Jesus, it was extremely out of fashion and public acceptance for a male to have long hair.
A bit like Australia or the US in the 1950's, all short back and sides.

I would like to add, that a few years ago, a crypt was discovered in Israel, that had the family name of Jesus inscribed on it, on a building site. Further investigation and exploration uncovered a marble box of bones, that actually had Jesus' full name on it. This was the clincher for me that did away with stories of divine resurrection. Those facts should be locatable online still. This messes up what Christians tell us, but, they are entitled to think what they like. I make my own opinions, the same as everyone else. I think Jesus, whatever he looked like, was probably a wise person with the powers of foresight in political and social goings on. The majority of most populations don't have much foresight, look at Germany just prior to WW2. A few families of Jews saw what was coming, most could not imagine the horrors ahead that we know of in hindsight. They were all sent to the gas chambers. Millions of them, no foresight, and couldn't imagine any such thing could possibly happen to them.

There, that's better.

How are we now?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.