Author: voice_cd

Join us in prayers for Ratfink   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-8 14:38:22 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-8 14:50:22 |Display all floors
I have wished him well
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-8 15:27:51 |Display all floors
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-8 16:25:39 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2013-12-7 23:27
Am I to understand you have wished Dr. Expatter well in his most critical period.?

If I heard it  ...

And I also wish good luck to Expatter.
The car is red. I am not.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-12-8 16:38:09 |Display all floors
Hi folks, Ratfink here.

Just logged on and would like to thank everyone for the best wishes, it's really appreciated and means a lot to me.

I'll take a minute to bring you up to speed with what's happened.

On Tues evening of the 19th November I felt pretty ill. I went to bed and had a high fever couldn't breath properly so I called an ambulance and went to hospital. I was admitted to the hospital proper at 1am or so on Wednesday morning. The verdict  cellulitis.  By Wednesday 9am the entire leg was bright red and infected, the blood tests showed high counts of both Streptococcus and Staphylococcus.

A regime of intra venous antibiotics and oral was commenced and changed as more blood tests showed the actual strains of bacteria.  After a few days they gave up on regular cannula and inserted a PIC line from above my right elbow to near the heart. It makes life much easier to give medication and remove blood samples for testing.

Up until last night (dec 08) all was going well, the leg was slowly clearning up but the lymphatic system is completely overloaded and the leg has swollen up like a balloon. walking barely helps as leg is at least 1/3rd larger than right leg.  It's a bit of a walking nightmare. As I was saying, late last night I developed an agonising groin issue, the left testical was hypersensitive.  Lots of painkiller and and pain. The upshot was that I have an infection in the family jewels, it's as yet unclear if it's cellulitis or a urinary tract infection (UTI). regardless the pain is truly interesting as it feels as though you are being kicked in the testes every 90 seconds, a pain I would hardly recommend as it's very intense.

The extent of the Cellulitis penetration is that of the muscle sheath. It's not Necrotizing fasciitis just a bad case of Cellulitis. It's too early to say when I will recover.

Cheers
Ratfink
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-8 16:52:49 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-8 16:57:03 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.