Author: english-learner

How should China react to US provocation?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-29 00:15:08 |Display all floors
ExileMick Post time: 2013-11-28 23:35
If many other houses in your street have a fence around their garden, would you leave your garden  ...

Yeah, right, I would also put my fence in my neighbours living room.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-29 00:43:58 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-11-29 00:01
Disputed islands become undisputed airspace.......and all by decree last  week?

Waw.....you so smart, everyone else must look like a fool to you........

I accept your compliment, thank you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-29 01:13:02 |Display all floors
biztru Post time: 2013-11-27 13:53
US will challenge China to it. Otherwise, other nations will perceive US as running scared, which ma ...

"The better solution for US was to coerce China to join it in giving joint-statements to the effect of the coming of the ADIZ."

You got that exactly backwards.  It should read:

"The better solution for China was to coerce the US to join it in giving joint-statements to the effect of the coming of the ADIZ."

The Chinese diplomatic community did not do it's job in convincing the US to "buy in" to the need for an ADIZ that has not been needed for the last 70 years

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-29 01:25:43 |Display all floors
soapdodger Post time: 2013-11-27 15:26
So China, with no advance warning to anyone, installs an ADIZ which not only overlaps but includes a ...

It is a clear provocation. Hitler took the same approach of gradually overreaching more and more until Europe caught fire in 1939. That fire linked up with Japan's conquests and engulfed the world.

The same situation happened with the Falkland Islands when Argentina for no good reason decided to “take back” the “Malvinas” Islands. The result was a disaster for Argentina that advanced nothing but killed many innocent young men; all over nothing more than a nationalistic whim.

China is playing a game of brinksmanship that will not serve it's good purposes. It needs to keep it's focus on the economic and social improvements that will cause it to truly be a world leader.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-29 01:27:25 |Display all floors
mark069 Post time: 2013-11-28 09:04
I made an announcement that all cars passing in front of my house on the public street must regsiter ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-29 01:31:55 |Display all floors
This post was edited by vf84tcat at 2013-11-29 11:08
ExileMick Post time: 2013-11-28 11:37
China's leaders were well aware that declaring the ADZ would arouse strong feelings in the USA and o ...

f you try hard enough you can rationalize anything. It's the notion of seeing things the way you want to, not necessarily how it really is.

The Chinese folks here will agree with you. The Western community will not.

Me thinks: America: 1 China: 0

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-29 01:40:15 |Display all floors
english-learner Post time: 2013-11-27 13:17

Isn't it interesting how the news is presented depending upon which side is reporting.

The Chinese pick and choose sound bites/images to make America look foolish and ill-informed.

Western media presented sound bites/images to make China look aggressive and provoking.

Anytime there's a coup they always head for the TV station first

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.