Author: yyzz

The colorful life of foreigners in China   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-26 12:20:08 |Display all floors
yyzz Post time: 2013-11-25 17:20
A foreignman and a Chinese woman are holding their wedding ceremony.

haha
elegant star jewelry www.e-starjewelry.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-26 12:21:23 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-11-26 10:57

elegant star jewelry www.e-starjewelry.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-26 12:54:32 |Display all floors
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-26 15:14:58 |Display all floors
dolehowyee Post time: 2013-11-26 09:39
1. There are many kinds of traditional clothes in China, while there is only one in Korea or Japan. ...

2.  traditional clothes are usually worn by Japanese, Koreans and Indians during festivals and weddings.  It's not uncommon to see Korean handbooks, Japanese kimonos  and Indian saris worn at foreign film festivals.

4.Chinese leaders are calling for  promotion of Chinese culture while dismissing traditional Han clothing which was symbolically worn for thousands of years till the end of the Ming Dynasty.  Modern Han Chinese no longer wear Han clothes, but they like trying on Korean hanbok (derived from Han clothing)  when visiting that country. A group wedding for Chinese visitors was even conducted entirely in Korean garments.

5.  In my opinion, Han clothes are more elegant than some of the bizarre western outfits worn by Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-26 18:47:45 |Display all floors
They're having a lot of fun.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-26 19:12:44 |Display all floors
msrong Post time: 2013-11-26 15:14
2.  traditional clothes are usually worn by Japanese, Koreans and Indians during festivals and wed ...
4.Chinese leaders are calling for  promotion of Chinese culture while dismissing traditional Han clothing which was symbolically worn for thousands of years till the end of the Ming Dynasty.

I really don't know that one. But I don't see any necessity of wearing Han clothing. You know it is unlike those showed on TV or some photographs, in reality when people wear it it looks like cosplay... Seriously I won't consider Han clothing either on daily life or a wedding...
But Tang clothing is better, actually many of my uncles wear it on birthday, Spring Festival and other days.
And for women, many prefer cheongsam which is another Chinese clothing.
And you metioned that
A group wedding for Chinese visitors was even conducted entirely in Korean garments
, which doesn't mean they would wear it during all their holidays, it is just another kind of wedding.
Han clothes are indeed elegant in a way, and some western outfits may be bizarra. And we do wear some traditional clothes, but not Han clothing.
May I know if you are Chinese?
Thus have I heard.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-26 19:28:00 |Display all floors
msrong Post time: 2013-11-26 04:13
Japanese and Koreans cherish their traditional clothing tradition more and do a better job than Ch ...

yes you are right, but now more and more people have noticed that the heritage should be pretected.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.