Author: robert237

North Korea aims to stay free.   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-3 18:20:40 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Disclaimer: Thoughtful responses will be enjoyed & in some cases, elicit a
response. All others from trolls,
conspiracy nuts and the willfully ignorant will be ignored. Thank you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-3 18:22:52 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Disclaimer: Thoughtful responses will be enjoyed & in some cases, elicit a
response. All others from trolls,
conspiracy nuts and the willfully ignorant will be ignored. Thank you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-3 22:13:20 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-12-1 13:53
North Korea has every right to detain foreigners who are involved in illegal activity.
This guy wa ...

War, as you are unfamiliar with it, was not the same prior to the 1970's. In such times people had a more scorched earth policy towards how they conducted it. It is exemplified in WW2, Korean War, Vietnam, and myriad other conflicts that'd existed such as the Chinese Civil War to name another. There is still technically a state of war between DPRK (Which if you respected them, you'd call them as such which proves your ignorance on the matter.) and the U.S.,R.O.C. forces. This is largely symbolic, much like the Japanese and their still open state of war with Russia (As the USSR and Japanese never signed a peace agreement.) The fact that the DPRK apprehended him for events that took place during open warfare more than 40 years ago is against international law. If he were apart of a genocide, or some other very extreme event then yes. But acting as apart of espionage, insurgency tactics, etc, during a war is understood to be apart of it. An armistice means a cease fire for an allotted time, and considering that no DPRK citizens whom have entered onto U.S. soil (For which I know a few) have not been arrested says a lot. Keep in mind something: The man in the article is more or less being used as a political pawn for the time being. If you recall, such things are common in the situation with DPRK. They do this to help try and get some of their needs met. While I do not agree with the food sanctions (As there are large food transfers to them from the U.S.) I also don't agree with them conducting themselves like this. The DPRK is guilty of a lot as well. There are myriad accounts of DPRK Special Forces dressing themselves as civillians and going iwth the crowds, approaching U.N. Soldiers and then detonating suicide packs they had with them to kill the soldiers. The problem is they also killed innocent Koreans who were evacuating both the North and the Warzone. This in of itself is a warcrime as well, but there is no persecution of its officers or Generals as they are respected through the armistice. If you don't know your history (From both sides, as I highly doubt you've picked up a DPRK history book, PRC Volunteer book, U.N. book, & a U.S. book) then don't make such insensitive comments. The man in question is elderly at this point, and insurgency ops are considered apart of wars prior to 1970's. I'm starting to think you're just ignorant of history, and are more or less an anger monger, as they say. Which is bad if you want to be political. Again, I emplore you to start reading all sides of such accounts as Rhetoric is useless babble compared to events and situations that arise. If you teach yourself to look at the moment, the event, the situation, rather than what is being said, you'll learn a lot more and be aware of the present a lot better. As i've said, you're smart enough to be expressive of opinion, but please also try and look to the things that happen from all sides and find the comparable facts. Facts are not rhetoric based but account based from all angles. It's why a car Accident looks different to the two people involved as opposed to a third party.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-3 22:14:28 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-12-1 13:47
Are you still attacking me instead of dealing with the truth?
You're obviously a well indoctrinate ...

Attacking you? Lol, no, mimicing you and trolling quite a bit. You think I am serious, which is ok. I kinda get a chuckle outta some of your responses is all. As i'd mentioned to you before, i'm trolling a lot of the time.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-12-3 23:05:36 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2013-11-30 02:15
Once a conspiracy is proven..... it is no longer a theory....

And which of Peteras theories have been proven?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-12-3 23:06:30 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-11-30 04:45
In American posts with comments the powers that be don't like never have to be verified,
they don' ...

Maybe that is more a matter of taste than of content

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-12-4 02:37:53 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2013-12-3 09:53
i am not sure you or I know all the details of that case... how do you know he had her killed?

I made it up....you caught me,,,,
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.