Author: abramicus

Golden Opportunity for China to Convince the Philippines to be a Good Neighbor   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-17 18:44:53 |Display all floors
If a dog fell into the river and managed to escape drowing by swimming to shore, a human being would have come to the dog's help, not because the dog deserved his kindness, but because a human being is human, and being human is not about being just, being rich, or being respected.  Being human is about treating others as one would want others to treat oneself.

what you are saying here is Filipinos are DOG and Chinese are human?????????????/.... seriously

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-18 00:01:34 |Display all floors
YIPman Post time: 2013-11-17 04:04
Now if the Filipinos throw out that permanently grinning monkey Aquino, and rewrite their anti-China ...

Philippine president Aquino has been demonized by Chinese propaganda just like the DL has.
And fools like you are just little parrots trying to repeat all the words coming out of the loud Chinese propaganda machine.

Philippine president Aquino is a brave politician who stood up against an unjust territorial claim against his country.

President Aquino has asked the Chinese side on numerous occassions to keep the territorial dispute separate from the otherwise good relations between the two nations. Unfortunately China does not like to follow this advice, even humanitarian help is closely linked to cool and heartless mathematical thinking.

All kinds of excuses haave to serve for a face-saving purpose, even the long-ago opium war is now put on the table as an excuse not to help people in need.

Keep your Peace Ark for yourself if you do not want it to save Filipino lifes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-18 02:33:04 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-11-17 22:29
You are a hypocrite for pretending that you have humane sentiments for Filipinos or for their pres ...

HUMANITARIAN AID SHOULD NOT BE POLITICIZED

Hello, limey, are you suggesting that China should continue to hold back on medical aid to the suffering millions who survived the ravages of the super typhoon but are now sick and in need of medicines or surgery?  Does your post not reveal your true nature, Seneca, as a wolf in sheep clothing?  How can you politicize a humanitarian effort that the Chinese people are pushing their government to participate in?   

Do you really want to turn this humanitarian effort into a political popularity contest?  Don't worry, UK is already runner up to the clearcut winner, the USA, which truly and deservedly has acted in an admiirable fashion towards the Filipinos, which will be LONG REMEMBERED by its people throughout its history.  The US did not try to top the list of money donors, and officially donated only $20 million dollars, but the manpower, logistics, materiel and medicines deployed, cannot be measured in mere dollars.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-18 08:09:10 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-11-15 20:28
Thank you, Uncle, and now Auntie China has upped her meagre gift to be in line with countries one  ...

China should follow U.S. examples by sending half of their army and their military might to station in the Philippines to distribute food to the people and help manage or replace their government. U.s. is very good at doing that so good that they set up HARRP, a secret weather manipulation system in Alaska, to cause natural disasters so the U.S. can play the nice and helpful Uncle who send their army and secret force to help distribute food to the "needy".
I am an Asian American. I came to Chinadaily forum hoping to share my experience, knowledge, and my point of view. And in return I want to get the same in return from friends from around the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-18 09:14:48 |Display all floors
Hmoonhistorian Post time: 2013-11-18 08:09
China should follow U.S. examples by sending half of their army and their military might to statio ...

WHERE IS THE AID FROM CHINA SUPPOSEDLY COMING TO THE PHILIPPINES -- ANOTHER DELAY???

China is facing a new generation of officials who do not share the same sense of humanism that their forebears are champions of.  They feel very entitled to the fruits of the revolution of Mao and the reforms of Deng that they no longer feel obligated to their neighbors as human beings.  This arrogance will cost China aplenty in that it is now growing more and more bitter enemies by its cold-shouldering the innocents who are suffering from the ravages of nature, as a "chance" to get even.  Well, these rightwing nationalist bigots are creating enemies for their armed forces to fight in future years.  Yes, the cost of this diplomatic faux pas is worth probably more than a billion dollars, more likely a hundred billion dollars, as the British empire tightens its noose on the already half-besieged Chinese navy.  The officials responsible for delaying the aid to the Philippines should be checked out for British/HK connections, because only a British mole could have done such damage to Chinese international relations.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-18 09:24:08 |Display all floors
Malaysia, Singapore, S Korea, Taiwan, US have aid on the ground already................

China still calculating? still doing photo ops and still grand standing.......................

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-18 09:38:34 |Display all floors
CHINA'S DIPLOMATIC "NAVAL BATTLE OF THE YELLOW SEA" AGAIN UPENDED BY TREASON

Whoever is responsible for this delay and terrible damage to China's international relations and security should be fired.  These fellows have just sold out China.  This debacle is like the Battle of the Yellow Sea in the diplomatic arena, and China lost because it did not have the correct plan, the logistics, and the central support it needed.  If China does not make up for good time, it can fire its entire foreign ministry, to save more money, because the problem it would have created would far exceed its meager abiities to solve.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.