Author: 1584austin

When will China consider having a National Health Service   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-9 18:46:41 |Display all floors
It looks like it will never happen.

In many issues North Korea always ranks the last and China the penultimate. However, in this matter, North Korean is doing better and takes our place. When the underprivileged are hospitalized and needs a large amount of money to be treated or cured, most of them and their families are simply waiting for the Grim Reaper, with tears pouring out accompanied by deep sighs.

We do have a health care program, yet it works poorly. It is no more a useful program than the ears to the deaf. Not one family was dragged into the abyss of despair when doctors told them the expense of one surgical operation alone which might outstrip the family’s ten year’s income, leaving them a miserable outcast.

Now, the people’s health in China is in actuality a sort of commodity rather than a social welfare, which has been treated as a booming business with big profits. It looks like a joke, but nobody is in the mood to laugh.

I have given you the panorama of our national health care, with pangs of agony attacking my heart when typing each letter on the screen. There is a great divide between the big cities and the outlying areas, and a great chasm between the pantheons and the deprived. I still can not forget those corrupt officials, with luxurious villas and swimming pool, and with gangs of mistresses, proudly announcing: “This is a great era! Don’t you believe it? Yes, I do!” You will never forget their gigantic bellies and their patronizing smiles if you have a peep at them.

A pathological society brings about tragedies. Most probably, those who are going to perish in the inaction of the government will never condone its sins.

It is even sadder to be interviewed by CCAV and asked: “Do you live in happiness?”

Shall I tell the truth?
Bravos

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2013-11-9 19:07:54 |Display all floors
bravos Post time: 2013-11-9 18:46
It looks like it will never happen.

In many issues North Korea always ranks the last and China the  ...

Of course you should tell the truth, no one tells lie's on here

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-9 21:36:25 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2013-11-9 18:01
No you did not read that, unless it was in the same joke magazine that you get the rest of your ma ...

What a charming person you are. To what material do you refer?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2013-11-9 21:39:42 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-11-9 21:36
What a charming person you are. To what material do you refer?

Did I read somewhere that the UK NHS is the largest employer in the world

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-9 21:47:13 |Display all floors
To qualify my post, a little research though probably dated reveals that the NHS is the fifth largest employetr in the world.
Ahead of the NHS are McDonalds’ global workforce in 4th place (1.9 million), Walmart, including Asda in the UK in third (2.1 million), the Chinese army 2nd with 2.3 million and, at the top of the table, the US Department of Defense with a whopping 3.2million staff - although only 1.6 million of these are on active service,with the rest in civilian and other support roles.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-9 22:42:42 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 1584austin at 2013-11-10 00:11
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-11-9 21:47
To qualify my post, a little research though probably dated reveals that the NHS is the fifth larges ...

a previous post some time ago showed that also.

Sorry it seemed an attempt to bash UK's NHS. Most NHS staff are Indians or paki's anyway.

My Father spent 2 weeks in hospital a couple months ago I was amazed how tough it was to find what looked like an English member of staff

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-10 10:06:56 |Display all floors
When the US gets a NHS China will copy

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.