Views: 2723|Replies: 12

Are you proud to be imperfect? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-5 13:50:01 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Rearwindow at 2013-11-5 13:50

The model who featured in the viral Photoshop video that stormed the interned last week has said that she is proud to be imperfect.

Speaking about why she agreed to pose in just a pair of red bikini briefs, Sally Gifford Piper, from New York City, told Entertainment Tonight that she is determined to fight for more varied role models in the media.

'I feel really angry about the pressure on women and the reality is that most of us don't look like these perfect women,' [size=1.2em]she said.

Natural beauty: Sally Gifford Piper has been revealed to be the woman featured in last week's viral video showing the powerful effect of Photoshop on a model

Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-5 13:51:39 |Display all floors
'I think there needs to be a celebration of all different shapes and sizes. And we need to see more variety and I'm determined to fight for that.'

The 36-second clip, made by Mrs Gifford Piper's director husband, Tim Piper, for GlobalDemocracy.com, attracted worldwide attention for their cause, which is demanding mandatory disclaimers on all photos of airbrushed models.

'I got attention for the right thing, I think, as opposed to getting attention for being perfect,' Mrs Gifford Piper said. 'I got attention for being imperfect. So it's a little less pressure.'

Mr Piper admitted the media storm surrounding the video last week came as a surprise, given that it first went online a year ago.

Before: The video begins with a shot of a make-up-free Mrs Gifford Piper - clad in just a red bikini brief - lying on her stomach, leaning on her forearms with her legs raised and crossed behind her

After: The relatively normal-looking Mrs Gifford Piper is turned into a bombshell glamor model with the help of a hair and make-up artist and of course, Photoshop

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-5 13:52:33 |Display all floors

Transformed: A make-up artist worked her magic before teasing Mrs Gifford Piper's flat blonde bob into glossy curls and adding a hairpiece. Then with Photoshop, her complexion was smoothed and given a doll-like sheen. Her eyes were made wider, her nose slimmer and her lips fuller

'It had a few thousand hits and then someone with a popular blog blasted it out into the universe and suddenly the phone calls came,' he said.
'It was exciting, but it's also nerve-wracking. You don't really expect it to blow up like that and it is exposure for Sally. So I called her and I said I hope you don't mind, but a few million people might see you in your underwear pretty soon.'

Mrs Gifford Piper says that the global focus on her appearance has affected her in only positive ways.
'[I will] learn to love myself better and just be free and cool with it,' she said. 'Not put so much pressure on myself.'

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-5 13:53:08 |Display all floors

Making a difference: Mrs Gifford Piper pictured with her husband, director Tim Piper

Blushing bride: Mrs Gifford Piper, pictured here on her wedding day, looks like the last person one might need to take an airbrush to

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-5 13:53:58 |Display all floors

Setting up: Mrs Gifford Piper is seen getting into position at the start of the shoot, with the make-up artist, photographer and assistant on standby. One can see that her body, while slender, is not that of a supermodel

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-5 13:54:26 |Display all floors

Bright start: The photographer first adjusts the lighting, instantly defining Mrs Gifford Piper's body shape

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-5 13:54:52 |Display all floors

Cosmetic enhancement: Concealer, foundation, lipgloss and lashings of mascara add definition to Mrs Gifford Piper's face, before her flat bob is teased into curls, and a hairpiece is fitted to give length to her locks

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.