Views: 5541|Replies: 9

Avoiding squatters? You’re doing it wrong [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-10-8 17:02:25 |Display all floors
I read an article which I'm sure that foreign friends in China must find it useful.
toilets-you-are-doing-it-wrong.jpg

If you're avoiding squatters in China, science says you’re doing it wrong..

health-alert-youre-taking-crap-wrong-is-you-poop-properly.w654.jpg

The above image illustrates how your butt works. The key is that puborectalis muscle that wraps around the lower part of your colon. When you sit with your legs at a 90° angle to your abdomen, it only partially relaxes, requiring you to add additional pressure to get the job done. But by squatting you change that to about a 35° angle, which fully relaxes Mr. Puborectalis and eases the business.

Who cares?

Well according to this article, as well as the video below, the way we poop might be leading to increases in constipation, hemorrhoids, appendicitis, and colon cancer. Changing our posture, they say, could have a more drastically positive effect than eating a high fibre diet.

But don’t worry, there’s no need to give up your apartment’s Western toilet, or your fear of public squatters. As the video below shows, you can have the best of both worlds, simply by adding a stool (ahem) to your bathroom.

Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-10-9 10:18:12 |Display all floors
Just like what I thought. Squatters are more healthy.
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-9 16:57:42 |Display all floors
and it is more cleaner for personal hygiene!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2013-10-9 17:35:13 |Display all floors
DSseeing Post time: 2013-10-9 10:18

It wouldn't be healthy for me. I'd tumble backwards if I tried crapping while squatting

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-9 18:48:09 |Display all floors
DSseeing Post time: 2013-10-9 10:18

Squatters would be more healthy, except for the fact that it seems like no one ever cleans them. EVERY public toilet I have ever been in has urine on the floor, overflowing trash containing feces, and it smells like an elephant pen.  If everyone is so used to using squatties, why is their aim so poor?

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-10-10 08:59:29 |Display all floors
Boilermaker21 Post time: 2013-10-9 18:48
Squatters would be more healthy, except for the fact that it seems like no one ever cleans them. E ...

guys don't often have the aiming problem.

It has to do with some technique
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-11 13:55:40 |Display all floors
Would you go for squatters after reading my post>?
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.