Views: 6257|Replies: 0

Foreign friends' Mid-Autumn Day stories [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-9-16 14:32:04 |Display all floors
This post was edited by DSseeing at 2013-9-16 14:32

20090923zhongqiujie3.jpg

The Mid-Autumn Festival, also known as the Moon Festival, falls on Sep 19th this year(15th of Chinese lunar calendar), which is as popular as Thanksgiving Day in USA. At that time of the year, the moon is at its roundest and brightest.

I believe some Chinese members here will admire the bright moon with parents, eat mooncakes or carry brightly lit lanterns.

I won't go back home this year for the holiday is too short. But I'll eat my favorite moon cakes. I can't help recalling how we celebrated the Moon Festival when I was a child and I was not near-sighted. I remember I gazed on the moon attentively, lying on my back in the harvest field. It was so big and bright, I seems like that I could also see the surface of it. I was totally lost in the imagination of fairy tales my mom told me.

There are lots of foreign friends too. Have you ever celebrated the Moon Festival in China or overseas? What did you for fun on the Day?

Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.