Author: linda_sun

Documenting the wealth gap in China   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-9-6 14:55:30 |Display all floors
China is a developing country
hence it's not surprising some are getting richer sooner than others
such things are seen in western countries too
but compared with other developing countries such as India, Phillipines, S.Africa, Latin america,
the wealth gap in China is not too shocking.
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-9-6 15:19:07 |Display all floors
correction Post time: 2013-9-6 14:55
s ...

Maybe it's not that shocking to you, but it should provoke alarm, for if the situation escalates, it will endanger social stability on its path to economic development.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-6 15:21:23 |Display all floors
linda_sun Post time: 2013-9-6 15:19
Maybe it's not that shocking to you, but it should provoke alarm, for if the situation escalates,  ...

You want everyone to be poor like it was before ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-6 15:36:11 |Display all floors
The tittle sould be The two faces of China.

Thank you for interesting pics.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-6 15:38:23 |Display all floors
correction Post time: 2013-9-6 14:55
s ...

hence it's not surprising some are getting richer sooner than others.
Others never will be rich or at least to have a decent life for lack of opportunities, discrimination, indifference from others, etc.

such things are seen in western countries too
but compared with other developing countries such as India, Phillipines, S.Africa, Latin america,
Not as in China, why? because the show off in these Chinese rich people in their clothes, in their cars, in their houses, in their shops, in their business, in their schools differ from other countries´s  cultures.

the wealth gap in China is not too shocking.
If it´s not surprising or shocking for you, it means you are another one who look down on poor people or simply you are indifferent to them.

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-6 15:39:21 |Display all floors
correction Post time: 2013-9-6 15:21
You want everyone to be poor like it was before ?

Read it again the one you quoted.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-6 15:47:55 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2013-9-6 15:38
Others never will be rich or at least to have a decent life for lack of opportunities, discrimina ...

The poor in China are not too poor compared with many other countries.
The fact that so many are getting richer shows that opportunities are ther for everyone
and statistics proved that middle income earners in China are getting larger and larger
and thus more people are lifted out of poverty
in time many millions more will be lifted out of absolute poverty
whereas even in rich western nations people are experiencing economic difficulties
and more & more people in the West are falling below the poverty line with no solutions in sight.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.