Author: linda_sun

Documenting the wealth gap in China   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-9-6 15:52:17 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2013-9-6 15:39
Read it again the one you quoted.

Already read it, no need to read again & again.
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-9-6 15:55:51 |Display all floors
correction Post time: 2013-9-6 15:21
You want everyone to be poor like it was before ?

No. Instead of achieving common prosperity proposed by Deng Xiaoping, China is increasingly splitting into a small upper class that spends freely on luxury goods, and a remaining population who struggle with their life on the poor salary. The rich are getting richer than ever before whilst the workers are getting poorer!

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-9-6 15:57:51 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2013-9-6 15:36
The tittle sould be The two faces of China.

Thank you for interesting pics.

Sounds better.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-6 16:01:03 |Display all floors
linda_sun Post time: 2013-9-6 15:55
No. Instead of achieving common prosperity proposed by Deng Xiaoping, China is increasingly splitt ...

That's the reality happening all over the world.
Don't expect perfection in China.

But the good thing in China is that more & more people are lifted out of absolute poverty,
whereas in other countries you see just the opposite, more people are falling into absolute poverty
and that is even happening in rich western nations, a fact you can't deny.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-9-6 16:31:37 |Display all floors
correction Post time: 2013-9-6 16:01
That's the reality happening all over the world.
Don't expect perfection in China.

I do admit that wealth gaps exist in all countries, but in China things are getting out of control. Wealth is consolidated in the hands of a few previleged or political elites, which make them reluctant to part it with in the redistribution of wealth. Therefore, ordinary people can barely enjoy the fruits of economic reforms.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-6 16:38:46 |Display all floors
linda_sun Post time: 2013-9-6 16:31
I do admit that wealth gaps exist in all countries, but in China things are getting out of control ...

While it is true extremely rich people do exist in China just like any other countries,
but it's not true all other Chinese are dirt poor.
The middle income earners in China numbered into hundreds of millions of people are rising, a fact you can't deny.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-9-6 16:49:59 |Display all floors
correction Post time: 2013-9-6 16:38
While it is true extremely rich people do exist in China just like any other countries,
but it's n ...

Who are China's middle class? How do you define middle class in China? If you interview them, very few would admit they belong to this category. China's middle class is fragile since the social security system is far from perfect.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.