Views: 7789|Replies: 18

What Internet rumor once fooled you before?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-23 17:17:46 |Display all floors
China Daily recently reported that two men have been detained in Beijing for fabricating online rumors and harming the reputation of others.

They have confessed to the crimes.

The deceptive information They produced includes accusations that the government had granted 200 million yuan ($32.7 million) in compensation to a foreign passenger who died in a bullet train accident in 2011. The rumor was retweeted 12,000 times in two hours and provoked anger among Chinese Internet users.

According to the police, the suspects posted false information about Lei Feng, the country's most famous Good Samaritan, accusing the late model of leading a luxurious life. The post quickly spread online and was reported to the police by netizens.

Where is the morality? So when will they stop fooling the public. I hate online rumors. I'm so happy that they got caught.
Has any online rumor bothered you before?
Tell me the most obsurd rumor you heard of.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-8-23 17:51:09 |Display all floors
I've never been caught out as I double check almost everything I read or see online as a matter of course.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-23 19:14:37 |Display all floors
A review of the topic is always a good idea prior to commenting. Then again. it's not always necessary if your just trying to have fun. People should remember that if their fun comes at someones expense, there could be trouble around the corner.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-24 10:40:31 |Display all floors
I never take that news too seriously , just cho0se to stay away from that kinda rumors  !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-24 12:26:35 |Display all floors
never been fooled myself

do get sick and tired of informing people that the world is not coming to an end though
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-26 11:06:21 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2013-8-23 17:51
I've never been caught out as I double check almost everything I read or see online as a matter of c ...

very sensible

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-26 11:07:06 |Display all floors
SDIvester Post time: 2013-8-23 19:14
A review of the topic is always a good idea prior to commenting. Then again. it's not always necessa ...

yeah totally. Have you read any fake news?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.