Views: 1103|Replies: 7

Lack of concern for others is a problem [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-16 10:42:17 |Display all floors
A 60-year-old Chinese woman was arrested for making too much noise in a New York park, after people complained that the dance group she was leading was disturbing the peace.
Some would defend her by saying that it is common for people to engage in such activities in parks or other public places in China, and they ask how can an activity that brings people together and keeps them fit disrupt other ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-16 10:42:18 |Display all floors
"Behind such double standards is their selfishness and lack of respect for the rights and interests of others."

Clearly the Chinese people engaged in such noisy activities are not abiding by the aphorism "when in Rome, do as the Romans do".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-17 00:14:23 |Display all floors
Another aphorism is "one man's meat is another man's poison". The question is "do you eat your meat and enjoy it thoroughly, or do you force it on others too who considers it poison?". One  culture may enjoy four wives, another may consider it punishable under law, so if "birds of a feather flock together", and if people "live and let-live", and "when in Rome do as the Romans do" - there will be less conflicts and problems in this big and spacious world.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-8-21 08:42:51 |Display all floors
Spot on!! This is so true and more so in India. There are too many examples to site. People talk loudly or play music, especially religious music, extremely loudly during all hours of the day and night and those that complain will face the wrath and indignation of the religious fanatics! Laws on books dont matter much and are not enforced.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-25 12:43:03 |Display all floors
Hello friends,

I respectfully disagree with the author of this article when he says that one can do anything we want to do in a park because it is a public place. Precisely because it is a public place we should refrain from behaving in a selfish manner; mainly we shouldn't talk loud, yell, spit, damage plants, litter etc. I believe this concept of public versus private is largely misunderstood in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-30 23:00:09 |Display all floors
The fact that they are Chinese plays a discrimination card, I'm afraid, even though the loud music would be agregious if it was "rap" or loud rock and roll. We still have many hurtles to face in how others behave. It they turned down the music and danced perhaps that would help.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-31 00:39:05 |Display all floors
i dont care who you are or what you are (especially in the public places)...your noise is not exactly musik to my ears therefore keep it to yourself or keep it low  {:soso_e114:}{:soso_e135:}{:soso_e113:}
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.