Views: 6461|Replies: 26

Farmer of the year [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2013-8-8 03:30:19 |Display all floors
Farmer installs big yellow mud slide for his pigs
By Metro News Reporter Wednesday 7 Aug 2013 12:25 pm
Use ← → keys to

A pig uses a slide installed by farmer Erik Stegink (Pictrure: EPA)A farmer in Holland has installed a mud slide for his pigs after being inspired by the flumes at a water park.
Erik Stegink mounted a disused slide he had bought from a nearby pool on his farmland.
And in no time at all his pigs were enjoying their own amusement park, but instead of water they were diving into mud.
Another pig skids down the slide (Picture: AFP/Getty)Pictures of the pigs on the slide have proved to be a hit online, with many commenting on how much fun the animals looked like they were having.
LONZoëDON wrote: ‘Pig on a slide. I kinda need video of this as I’m pretty sure it’s epic.’
Elana Zak was also impressed and added: ‘Need a smile? One of the photos of the day is of a pig going down a slide.’
Pigs gather in a mud pool with the slide seen in background (Picture: EPA

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-8 04:44:16 |Display all floors
still dont understand WHY pigs livin in such a filthy nasty condition & they eatin crap as well (is that why we have such a phrase like...pigs on wing)   {:soso_e114:}{:soso_e135:}{:soso_e109:}
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-15 18:06:04 |Display all floors
It's a wonderful thing, I bet their little tails were wiggling.

The day I stop learning will be the day I die. Maybe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-15 19:04:05 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2013-8-8 04:44
still dont understand WHY pigs livin in such a filthy nasty condition & they eatin crap as well (is  ...

What goes on in Pig Farms people don't want to see.. Having one or two pigs for personal use can be clean, but large farms with hundreds of swine??? Many farms feed their swine garbage from unwanted food waste. Between the food waste and the pig waste, it can be a very smelly and dirty business.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-15 19:12:03 |Display all floors
I know what 1584austin wants for Christmas
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-15 19:15:25 |Display all floors
PORK CHOPS & BACON ???
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-15 20:45:28 |Display all floors
SDIvester Post time: 2013-12-15 06:04
What goes on in Pig Farms people don't want to see.. Having one or two pigs for personal use can b ...

as long as you don't mind your water bill high per month...I used to run my own little farm house for fun when I was young in Saigon...just missed the good ol' days  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.