Views: 11921|Replies: 1

Young Chinese couple's dog obsession [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-3 16:08:47 |Display all floors

Westerners are know for their love of dogs and still I doubt if they can compete with the following Chinese couple:

http://www.sino-us.com/250/Young-Chinese-couple-s-dog-obsession-They-are-our-family-and-our-career.html

Cui Pengwei (崔鹏伟) and Cui Jia (崔佳) are just like any other post-80s couple in China. They like to watch Hollywood blockbusters, go out to eat at fancy restaurants and sing Karaoke. However, they both have rather unusual jobs. He is a dog trainer and she is a dog groomer.

When you enter their little shop at Beijing’s southern suburban Fengtai district, which is lovingly called Beijing Pet Care Center (北京关爱宠物中心), you could be greeted by any of their eight dogs: two black and white Alsakas, one Alsatian-like Chinese shepherd dog, one American Eskimo, three bichons and one poodle called "Noodle".

“They are our children,” the couple said repeatedly, particularly Cui Jia, who often refers to the dogs as "my dear boy" or "my lovely girl" instead of their names. In fact, other than one of their Alsakas "Lever" and one of their bichons “Dabao” who they raised, most of the other dogs were either dumped on them by their customers or rescued by them from vets.

"What can you do?" Cui Pengwei said, "But we've reached our limit, otherwise we cannot guarantee the quality of their lives. We'll take care of them until they pass away. Then we'll adopt more."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-3 16:09:27 |Display all floors
201308020917430378.jpg
201308020934086614.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.