Views: 3318|Replies: 4

Putins New Car [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2013-8-1 04:16:55 |Display all floors
put.jpg

ZiL - or Zavod imeni Likhachova - is a great name from the Soviet Union's past. The firm produced cars fit for Soviet leaders, such as Khrushchev, Brezhnev and Gorbachev. But after a spell in the Presidential wilderness, the company had been commissioned to create a new ZiL-4112P limousine for the current Russian president, Vladimir Putin, who was reportedly fed up with seeing everyone in his country riding around in flash German metal.
Unfortunately, Mr Putin is apparently unimpressed with his new wheels, which went into service last year. In response, Russian car design website Cardesign.ru and Russian supercar maker Marussia decided to hold an independent design competition to see if anyone could come up with a better solution. This awesome-looking ZiL President concept has been voted the winner.
put.jpg

As should become clear from the visuals, the ZiL President gives a definite nod to the past, while completely embracing the future. It's the work of two former students - Yaroslav Yakovlev and Bernd Weel.
It is heavily influenced by Russian architecture and is said to radiate 'power and authority'. It's fair to say this isn't a car for mere peasants.
put.jpg

What's most remarkable is the fact that it was created in just three weeks. It would take longer for someone to fill a pothole in the UK.
But that's not all. As the students live 1,500 miles apart, the ZiL President design was created using Skype and Dropbox. This is car design, 2013 style!
put.jpg

The designers haven't told us much about the interior, but for such a massive vehicle, you may be surprised to see the ZiL President is a strict four-seater.
But wow, look at the legroom in the back. Also check out the central infotainment system and what appears to be a bulletproof panel separating the front and rear cabins.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-1 04:34:44 |Display all floors
Marussia pimp their ride from chrysler M300...and chrysler hijacked it from bentley...i wouldnt ride those wheels myself if i were putin himself  {:soso_e114:}{:soso_e135:}{:soso_e113:}
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-8-1 06:07:34 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2013-8-1 06:08

One of the requirments was - the car (passenger compartment) shall be resistant to handheld rocket launcher attack... from behind.

(it is true, I remember first news about it)

This is why the shape resembles coupe.

the design itself combines thee RR Phantom, Crysler 300M, and the muscle cars from the 60's/70's

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-1 08:26:09 |Display all floors
Car has a huge a$$
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-1 18:58:02 |Display all floors
Other than bullet proof, does it have any nifty 007 defense systems, rockets, machine guns, ...???

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.