Author: rosyflower

Why Chinese women want white skin?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-28 11:13:22 |Display all floors
Not sure i you are a Chinese woman (or man of a particular ethnicity, but if you are the former, you would know why she likes to be fair. The right terminology should be "fair" not "white" in the western sense of the word. The color white is associated with death in Chinese culture.

But I am aware of the term "whitening cream" on most feminine products sold in China.

Being fair is associated with pureness, gentleness, virginity, femininity ...

We want our skin to be soft an silky. We want to attractive and sexy. We love men to look at us and we want them to feel our beauty. Of course there are strong elements of eroticism but we don't want to be anybody's gal. We want to treated special.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-28 12:34:51 |Display all floors
redtide Post time: 2013-7-28 11:13
Not sure i you are a Chinese woman (or man of a particular ethnicity, but if you are the former, you ...
We want our skin to be soft an silky. We want to attractive and sexy. We love men to look at us and we want them to feel our beauty.

Regarding your past posts you are a man, posting like a man, insulting like a man. Are you gay? Shemale? Ladyboy?
Sorry for my direct question but your reply surprised me.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-28 12:35:52 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2013-7-28 05:57
My paper was on skin whitening in China. In China, very white, pale skin is considered beautiful, an ...

Very interesting
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-28 13:44:05 |Display all floors
redtide Post time: 2013-7-28 07:13
Not sure i you are a Chinese woman (or man of a particular ethnicity, but if you are the former, you ...

the whole idea is a weird one.....doesn't make sense on any real rational grounds.
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-28 13:47:42 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2013-7-28 08:35
Very interesting

there are lots of people that are dedicated to the issue. I find it bizarre that people might want to lighten their skin....the whole premise is flawed and illogical
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-28 13:48:28 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-7-28 09:50
redtide Post time: 2013-7-28 07:13
Being fair is associated with pureness, gentleness, virginity, femininity ...

by whom ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-28 17:13:09 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2013-7-27 20:08
OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what and where Sammy ???
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.