Author: Mmmmmoto

10 Ridiculous Reports Published by Chinese Media Recently   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-18 10:09:13 |Display all floors
8) The West’s Assault on Culture and Ideology
Before leaving office, former President Hu Jintao stated that China must “defend against the West’s assault on… culture and ideology.” However, I wonder if Hu realized that communism, the underlining creed of the Chinese Communist Party, arose in the West? Furthermore, the Min Zhu Zhong Guo website (load up that VPN again!) also quoted Han Han, a famous Chinese novelist and blogger, saying, “The restriction on cultural activities makes it impossible for China to influence literature and cinema on a global basis or for us culturati to raise our heads up proud.” How do you say “contradiction” in Chinese again?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-18 10:09:53 |Display all floors
vote.jpg

9) Away with the Poor!
Global Times reported in March that Guo Xinzhi, Vice Chairman of the Shanxi Disabled Person’s Federation and National People’s Congress deputy, “managed to make the straight face declaration that the family planning policy should be changed so that people living in less developed areas have less children.” That is to say, Guo proposed that under the One Child Policy the poor should give their birth quotas to richer families since they “burden” China’s future. While Guo’s proposal of economic eugenics may leave you shaking your head, if you read carefully you would have noticed that this guy is the “Vice Chairman of the Shanxi ‘Disabled’ Person’s Federation.” That’s a little disturbing if you ask me…

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-18 10:10:24 |Display all floors
10) Just Like “Red Bean Soup”
Chinese rivers have been changing colors recently, causing local residents to panic. It’s a good thing then that a Hebei government official, while addressing the bright red glow of a river outside of Changzhou City in April of this year, clarified that the river “was not polluted” and then linked the incident to “red bean soup”, according to xinhuanet.com report (Chinese). The official was quoted as saying, “When you put a small handful of beans into water and boil it for soup it turns red, right? If you simmer beans with rice, the rice also turn red, doesn’t it? Well, just because the water is red doesn’t mean it isn’t in line with health standards.” I really don’t know what he’s talking about, and I’m certainly not suggesting that red bean soup isn’t a tasty treat, but the soupy simile is odd because prior to the report, this river killed 400 chickens and tested 73 times higher than the safe limit of aniline. Two days later, the official who made this statement was fired, probably on the grounds of being an idiot.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-7-19 12:00:28 |Display all floors
I see western propagandists have a set of "facts" all their own.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-7-19 12:05:43 |Display all floors
Reporters Without Borders Press Freedom Index is a right wing club subservient to their rich western masters.
It's only purpose is to spread lies and denigrate those in favor progressive governments.
The last thing these people want is a more equitable society.
It should never be taken seriously by anyone.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-19 12:46:29 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-19 12:53:13 |Display all floors
Interesting.

I read this news before and I kept thinking.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.