Views: 1425|Replies: 0

Mistakes to Learn From [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-12 10:37:04 |Display all floors
Aaron David Miller

There's a pretty good chance America will continue to lose the public image battle in the Middle East. And here's why:

Minds and hearts: We've always had it backwards. It's not hearts and minds at all. If you want to capture the imagination of people living in the Middle East and get them to warm to America, you don't play to their emotions first. It's as if a new pretty bow on a package with the same contents as ever is somehow going to help sell U.S. policy. It won't.

Neither will the pretty package China has been offering Africa for the past 20 years.

Build a road---dig for gold---build a school dig for silver---build a railway--dig for titanium- build an airport--dig for platinum.

NO NATION helps Africa just because they are kind------they always want something in return------In most every single culture active today-- a helping hand indicates automatic subjugation..in other words --you owe me for being kind and giving you a helping hand. The West is not different......only medical help can seemingly escape this trend but that too is used as leverage to extract anything.

Proof is in history--as long as one refrains from selective reading it is the only acceptable truth.

Hey--I just live here i don't make the facts.{:soso_e107:}

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.