Author: MisterPanda

Your first experience with cultural difference   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-7-12 07:20:17 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2013-7-11 21:24
They have the power to call a policeman and mention you refused to undergo the security check but  ...

And I am WELL over 12 kilos

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-7-12 07:20:54 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2013-7-11 21:24
i didn't make in my pants....i thinking of getting those toddler  pants....with the split in them.. ...

Then all the tourists will take your photo.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-12 07:55:11 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2013-7-11 20:05
I've been in cities where I was the only White Person they had ever seen in person....people  woul ...

Yeah. We are white. It was so bizarre. We were at the gate, so it is very well possible that many of the people "inspecting us" were traveling on to more remote areas where they haven't seen many foreigners. Where we live in Central China is like that. Although it is growing, the city I live in has a small foreign community, so we are very popular anytime we leave our housing complex.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-7-12 08:03:54 |Display all floors
Boilermaker21 Post time: 2013-7-12 07:55
Yeah. We are white. It was so bizarre. We were at the gate, so it is very well possible that many  ...

I'm 6ft. 4in......i was in a good size city in Shandong....we were having Lunch...a crowd gathered outside the Restaurant.....This was 7 or 8 years ago.....I was told the people outside thought I was either a NBA Player or a Rock Star.....when I left I signed a few hundred autographs .....I  signed Michael Jordan...
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-12 09:21:14 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2013-7-12 08:03
I'm 6ft. 4in......i was in a good size city in Shandong....we were having Lunch...a crowd gathered ...

That's funny. My children and I have divided the people that stare at us in to three categories. 1. The double-take: where a person gives you a quick look as they go by and then turns around quickly to make sure they didn't imagine you were a foreigner. They usually move on and continue their business. 2. The long stare:  where a person comes up beside you, realizes you are a foreigner, stares at you as they walk along side you, follows you, and after about 2-5 minutes goes about their business. 3. The accident waiting to happen: A person comes up beside you, notices you are a foreigner, stares at you so intently that they are unaware that they are about to crash into a sign, tree, railing etc. #3 is my personal favorite. The majority of what we see is # 1 and #2. The long stare makes me a little uncomfortable, but I have found that if I speak in English to them, it scares them away.  We have a lot of migrant workers living in our district, and it is very likely we are the first foreigners they have seen.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-16 12:47:52 |Display all floors
Shouldn't it be "Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls .."?

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-7-16 15:59:48 |Display all floors
redtide Post time: 2013-7-16 12:47
Shouldn't it be "Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls .."?

Nope, I start all my threads this way.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.