Author: MisterPanda

Your first experience with cultural difference   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-11 12:38:06 |Display all floors
When I first came to Xi'an, where I was working a group of staff decided we should play badminton.  Well, there was one great looking girl in the office so I tried to coax her to come play with us.  She was declining, so with my persistence, I looked at her and asked, "Are you a chicken?"  
Needless to say that's the day I learned the meaning of "chicken" in Chinese slang, and also how long it takes to apologize to a Chinese girl.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-11 17:05:14 |Display all floors
linlinlinlin Post time: 2013-7-9 09:32
I have to say it's not cultural difference, maybe she didn't get what you say.

Since you ask someth ...

Or trying to take bits of your change (by double scanning for example) since the machine is automated and rarely malfunctions?
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-11 17:07:18 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2013-7-10 01:42
no thong's.....can't get use to granny panties....

just imagine Zsa Zsa Gabor and you'd be good to go!
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-11 17:08:36 |Display all floors
SoCalChevy Post time: 2013-7-11 06:42
I haven't lived in China, but when I visited Chengdu I was surprised by how people were driving. As  ...

This happens all the time in Italy And France..............

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-7-11 19:40:32 |Display all floors
SoCalChevy Post time: 2013-7-11 10:42
I haven't lived in China, but when I visited Chengdu I was surprised by how people were driving. As  ...

in China pedestrians don't have the right away.....it's a very serious thing.....i spent 6 months in a body cast....thinking i had the right away..wrong...
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-7-11 19:56:26 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-7-11 11:06
I was refused entry to the Shanghai Metro as I had deoderant in my bag, the guard pointed at the f ...

i've never seen a guard on the subway.....i use line 1...

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-7-11 19:59:31 |Display all floors
roninxian Post time: 2013-7-11 12:38
When I first came to Xi'an, where I was working a group of staff decided we should play badminton.   ...

good thing you didn't call her a pussy

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.