Views: 7599|Replies: 30

Empty-nest elder [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-2 15:13:27 |Display all floors
This post was edited by nealrussel at 2013-7-2 15:14

July 1, 2013, the Law on Protection of Rights and Interests of Seniors comes into force with “go home to visit parents” becoming an article of law. It sounds a kind of ridiculous to force people to visit their parents; however, the adoption of that law reflects the anxious about empty-nest elder’s situation in the society.

Empty-nest elder is a word used to describe elders who live alone without company of their children.

source: news.163.com
1.jpg

let me know if U like tennis

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-2 15:13:54 |Display all floors
October 22, 2012, Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province, 75 years old Feng Xiufang is calling her daughter. Feng Xiufang lives alone since her husband died, and she seldom goes out due to poor health condition. “My daughter works far and seldom comes to visit me; I call her when I miss her; I really miss her but I understand that she must work.” said Feng Xiufang.
2.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-2 15:14:23 |Display all floors
February 9, 2012, a daycare institution in Jingan district, Shanghai, elders are taking a nap on the coach.  
Traditionally, Chinese elders age at home with their children; however, one child policy has lead to a “4-2-1” family structure—4 elder, two adults and a child, in which adults are too busy to take care of both elders and child, no mention they need to work to support the whole family. So more and more empty-nest elders chose community and old-age-care institution to spend their rest of life.
3.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-2 15:15:01 |Display all floors
October 21, 2012, Taiyuan, Shanxi province, elders put their bowls on a cupboard in a nursing home.
4.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-2 15:15:24 |Display all floors
China is in a transitional stage from family provision to social provision for the elder, and more and more children send their elderly parents to nursing home.
5.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-2 15:15:46 |Display all floors
January 26,2010,Fuxin, Lining province, a couple Miao Zhanlin and Wang Huiqing go to have physical examine in hospital without company of their children.
6.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-2 15:16:04 |Display all floors
June 1, 2013, Jinan, Shandong province, 77 years old Li Baozhen sit on a tricycle. 17 years ago Li Baozhen was driven out of his family by his three children.  
7.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.