Views: 4645|Replies: 7

[Original]Do you like to be a civil servant? [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-6-28 09:38:26 |Display all floors

001e4f9d689f0c7c142829_副本.jpg

Doyou like to be a civil servant?

Graduationseason has comes, some graduates continue to study, while most of graduates isfacing to job-seeking.

Thenthis job-search army is divided into several troops:

Morethan half of ppl will send the personal resume on net and take part in job fairagain and again, until finding a suitable job.

Somewill choose to have their own biz, not easy but still take great efforts intoit.

Exceptsome unemployed ppl, there have quite a lot of ppl would like to take part incivil servant exam.

Eachyear, the country provides fixed number of new positions for the younggraduates, and then thousands of ppl choose to walk on this single-log bridge,only few of them could get succeed.

Manyparents would like their children to work in government. It is a secure job, inChina, we call it: iron bowl, if you get it, you will never be laid-off.

Besides,you will have a good rest on weekend, sufficient holidays, rich welfare, comfortableworking environment, high social status, etc.

Butfor getting that job, sometimes only the highest score isn’t enough. You needto have sufficient money, good relationships or enough power.

Theproblem is: if you possessed all conditions for working in government butmeanwhile you have other good opportunities, will you still choose to be acivil servant?

Andif you only have a sum of money, will you use it for civil servant or invest itin your own biz?

1255662085_副本.jpg

pcs from net

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-28 18:09:09 |Display all floors
In the States, the pay is good and the benefits are better. WHY NOT!   

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-6-29 19:12:35 |Display all floors
Why is it that so many civil servants are not civil?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-30 08:58:34 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-6-29 19:12
Why is it that so many civil servants are not civil?

They are when they are at the coffee shop

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-6-30 09:29:57 |Display all floors
SDIvester Post time: 2013-6-30 08:58
They are when they are at the coffee shop

Would not know I avoid those places.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-2 11:04:10 |Display all floors
I am a graduate this year. i don't want to be a civil servant at all because i  really hate the  tidious  work environment as a civil servant.
Money is not the priority when we young begin our career, and it shoud't. We do have dream and the life we want to live.
i really don't regard civil servant as the forever "golden bowl"; reformation is on the way. Mass groups of civil servants do nothing on their position but enjoy high salary is unreasonable, it's a  waste of social resource.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-2 17:12:12 |Display all floors
latte626 Post time: 2013-7-2 11:04
I am a graduate this year. i don't want to be a civil servant at all because i  really hate the  tid ...

That's a typical working system with Chinese characteristics. China should take some measures to cope with this problem.
Make it easier to learn Chinese - http://www.masterchinese.com/

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.