Author: ttt222

Why does our top talent stay overseas?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-3 11:35:49 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-5 04:51:39 |Display all floors
The environment is an essential factor. If you want to do science, I mean pure science, it's impossible here because you have to deal with variety of people and other annoying things first before you can do your science. Too many obstacles. Low efficiency.
Live and record.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-5 06:52:59 |Display all floors
It's all to do with the Western approach to education and employment. Science subjects are not favoured by Western students who would rather get a job in finance or the media. This creates a big shortfall in scientists and engineers which has to be filled by students from overseas. Technology has advanced so much, that the average university graduate IQ is no longer sufficient, and IQ levels in the West are not on par with the East. This makes it preferable for an employer to seek to recruit amongst foreign graduates rather than the local ones. To these graduates there is the added incentive of permanent residence and staying with current friends in a familiar environment.

China can change this by maintaining contact with its students overseas and offering them opportunities before they even graduate. I suspect that China's policy in the past, was to allow these graduates to get employment in the West, in order to gain experience in a well established environment, before returning home.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-5 08:31:23 |Display all floors
This post was edited by jay_dee at 2014-7-5 08:34

However, once they 'get a taste' of things outside the mainland they have the brains to see there's not much being offered here for them. Whether its the higher salary, excellent medical facilities, better housing, no pollution, more personal freedom, less congestion, higher standard of living, state of the art working conditions, workers safety & rights, laws that are enforced & obeyed, higher levels of cleanliness & sanitation, safe food and groceries.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.