Author: vincent01

Should we ban dog meat festival?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-21 19:07:12 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-6-21 16:23
And I thought that dragons were carnivores

I maybe eat too much meat but if you listened to al ...

Dragons get to eat a lot of sheep in the UK and the side effect of that is we get to aquire a taste for grass (not the variety that is smoked).

I have cut back on all protein on medical advice from every damned doctor I talk to. I had to cut out beer as well but wine is OK in moderation. If I could just find one on my side.... Perhaps, being a dragon, I should talk to a vet rather than a doctor and get him to agree that my teeth are designed for eating meat and if that doesn't work then I will eat him.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-21 19:37:03 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-6-21 13:33
At last, you make a post that makes sense

Thank you for your compliment, Sire. Would you like to have a cup of English tea? I assure you the tea leaves are picked from the finest grade of tea grown in the Mussoorie hill of British India. Perhaps we can get the servants to bring in some of the famous tea biscuits. You must try some, they are absolutely delicious!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-6-21 19:39:07 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2013-6-21 19:07
Dragons get to eat a lot of sheep in the UK and the side effect of that is we get to aquire a tast ...

You remind me of the saying about Wales, where men are men and sheep are scared!

Doctors in different countries have different standards, I remember an old friend telling his Spanish doctor that he had a couple of large brandies and a bottle to a bottle and a half of wine a day, the doc said this was fine, tell that to an English doc and he will call you an alcoholic.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-21 19:57:42 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-6-21 19:39
I don't think Westerners are sitting in glass houses in this matter ...

... we have long ago sto ...

The end result is KILL.

Justifying the eating of meat by attempting to stand on a higher moral ground is rather meaningless.
Categorizing the type of animals you can or cannot eat based on one's culture is arrogrance.

I am a vegetarian but I am not against anyone eating meat. I am mysfiied by what some cultures consider as acceptable meat and not acceptable meat. And if you ate meat that is not acceptable by them, you are the bad guy. This is absolutely preposterous.

"If slaughterhouse had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian." Paul MCartney

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-21 20:01:06 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-6-21 19:39
You remind me of the saying about Wales, where men are men and sheep are scared!

Doctors in diffe ...

I always understood that the sheep had good reason to be scared and it wasn't because of the sexual preferrences of Welsh (or even English) dragons. Dragons don't wear wellington boots either so I guess that rules them out. (I wonder if that's why the N.Zealand city is called Wellington?)

In the UK my English doctor asked me if I had reduced the cholesterol in my food as he had advised (I had). I asked him how his efforts to give up smoking were going as I had recommended. End of conversation.

It is interesting, however, that in China under Chinese doctors my blood pressure is at a healthy level with Western mediction but in the UK it was at a dangerous level even with medication. The change of diet has played a big part in this. But I still eat Western food rather than Chinese food albeit that I have to cook a lot of it myself.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-6-21 20:06:51 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2013-6-21 20:01
I always understood that the sheep had good reason to be scared and it wasn't because of the sexua ...

We will have to ask Kiwi about the Wellies, it may be so or just a Freudian slip.

My blood pressure is still high even with medication, my diet is not perfect but reasonably health, I do not smoke and have a maximum of two beers a day, I do not worry about it although my wife does.

The goalposts keep moving, not too long ago a cholesterol level of 6,5 was fine, now it needs to be below 5. Eating well may not make you live longer but it will feel like you have.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-21 20:10:19 |Display all floors
redtide Post time: 2013-6-21 19:37
Thank you for your compliment, Sire. Would you like to have a cup of English tea? I assure you the ...

You have just confirmed what I thought, you are a fraud, are not Chinese and are here only to stir up trouble you sad person.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.