Author: nealrussel

Ghana arrests 124 Chinese citizens for illegal gold mining   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-14 20:16:07 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2013-6-14 18:04
Sir, the response lacked balance!!  

The lawyer was doing an excellent job of uncovering thievi ...

Believe me... Magnitsky would be my hero if he went into the trouble of ensuring his "investigations" into criminal practice surfaced.... but he did not...... And to my knowledge he only made the accusations after he was arrested for wrong doing himself.

What about the chiselling plumber? The dodgy used car salesman? the double glazing salesperson? The dentist that would offer unneccessary fillings?

You know dam well I abhor all deception and illegal practice... I have been at the receiving end of that all my life....

I have to admit to a certain reticence......... in accepting western claims of wrong doing in Russia or China.....

""You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye." Mat 7:5
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-14 21:09:45 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-6-14 17:16
TheHermit Post time: 2013-6-14 16:16
Believe me... Magnitsky would be my hero if he went into the trouble of ensuring his "investigatio ...

The Klyuev Organized Crime Group

has stolen at least $800 million from the Russian people with the aid and protection of the Russian government. The group is responsible for the $230 million theft, uncovered by Sergei Magnitsky, which remains the largest single tax theft in Russian history.

I can send link if you ask Comrades to allow it.

''You know dam well I abhor all deception and illegal practice... I have been at the receiving end of that all my life''....

Well I'm starting to have a bit of doubt since you have planted yourself firmly in the ....I SHAN'T HAVE A BAD WORD AGAINST RUSSIA AND CHINA.. simply because they are undergoing Capitalist Phase of SocCom.

Mat 7'5 hypocrite......rather unfair all these name calling especially since there are lots of things to say about China and Russia and the suppression of their citizens.

''When all Israel saw that the king refused to listen to them, they answered the king: "What share do we have in David, what part in Jesse's son? To your tents, Israel! Look after your own house, David!" So the Israelites went home''. 1 Kings 12:16 {:soso_e160:}

I normally don't roll on Shabbos!

No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-15 03:29:46 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2013-6-14 21:09
The Klyuev Organized Crime Group

has stolen at least $800 million from the Russian people with the ...

If I am not mistaken all the accusations came after his arrest.... there are journalists hostile to the government he could confide in..... even his bosses in London could not corroborate his accusations.

I don't doubt for a minute that there are some very nasty people in Russia like everywhere else.... Nor have I ever claimed there is no corruption in the Russian government.

Mat 7:5 was not a reference to you..... but to the western media who keep on telling people how bad other governments are when their own is much worse. They keep reassuring the public that they are the watchdog, alert and ready to pounce on any wrongdoer.... in the public interest.... while they collude with the government against the public.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-15 05:03:08 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-6-15 01:08
TheHermit Post time: 2013-6-14 23:29
If I am not mistaken all the accusations came after his arrest.... there are journalists hostile t ...

and this is why you are head and shoulders above wor Robbo!! A misunderstanding among friends

I was astonished to hear on NHK news a few minutes ago that US pork is imported into China....I suspect Robert isn't aware of this.

A lot of room for pork barrel shenanigans

I agree with you re hypocrisy of Western media but of course their are citizen journos, effective opposition,  that are vigilant. Compare the kicking Tony Bliar is still getting to anything Putin or Medvedev ever got?
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-6-15 06:12:07 |Display all floors
DON'T TRUST THE RUSSIANS.....NEVER.....
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-15 06:54:06 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2013-6-15 05:03
and this is why you are head and shoulders above wor Robbo!! A misunderstanding among friends :hand ...

I always felt uneasy with flattery....

I am not sure of the significance of US pork...... but if you are referring to Robert's weight problem... well at 12 stone I am not that slim myself anymore...

The Chinese are great consumers of pork..... but I am surprised they have to import.

A lot of room for pork barrel shenanigans

Surely you are not suggesting that people in the CPC will stoop that low....

I agree with you re hypocrisy of Western media but of course their are citizen journos, effective opposition,  that are vigilant. Compare the kicking Tony Bliar is still getting to anything Putin or Medvedev ever got?

And what have these citizen journos, and effective opposition ever achieved? Their purpose is to dumb down, rather than to inform. The whole network spying affair is almost forgotten in the western press.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-6-15 09:29:57 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-6-14 01:53
You certainly were contradicting yourself Robber - few other posters take me as seriously as you ...

I take murders, rapists, thieves, and propagandists who spread lies seriously. You count on at least two of these.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.